Like Tree88Likes

US Presidential Debate - 30th Sept 9AM (HKT)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    No they wouldn't if the person being interrupted had salient points delivered in a concise punchy way - but Biden drifts aimlessly, almost asks to be interrupted.

Dem's have dropped the ball putting him at their helm.
    Nope. Trump was the one going all over the place. He was just reiterating lies. His boorish behavior will just turn off voters

A comment from a solid Trump supporting friend:

"The problem was the President had two opponents, Biden and the moderator".

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    Sounds like an ignorant comment since Biden has had to overcome a stutter to get where he is... Do you make fun of the crippled and enjoy laughing at those with cognitive issues too?
    Doesn't look like he overcame it to me. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, at the very top of the heap weakness is weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Or that Biden can't even stand up to a bad debater, how is he gonna run a country against everybody else? The presidency isn't moderated to make it fair for everyone.
    Biden doesn't need to. All he needs to do is come across as mentally stable compared to Trump who is empty of substance.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:

I would rephrase that and say that Trump had three opponents. Good manners, debate rules and Biden

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:

HAH! Chris Wallace from Fox News is an opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Doesn't look like he overcame it to me. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, at the very top of the heap weakness is weakness.
    And Trump's boorish behavior is supposed to be a strength??? Are you kidding me? All Trump did during the debate was repeating his lies and hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Biden doesn't need to. All he needs to do is come across as mentally stable compared to Trump who is empty of substance as always.
    I agree because Biden is currently in the lead. Trump knows it and it is highlighted by the fact that in the last segment, all that Biden is pushing is to vote while Trump is spinning conspiracy theories about election fairness to the point of saying that the FBI director who he appointed was wrong.

That's what I would have liked to see Biden do more. Trump claims he is the best and so are his people. Why are they wrong and why has he fired more of them than any other president? Trump went on about forest management in California. Most of the forested land there is federal and Biden didn't even say a peep about it.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    HAH! Chris Wallace from Fox News is an opponent?
    I pointed that out. Waiting for a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    And Trump's boorish behavior is supposed to be a strength??? Are you kidding me? All Trump did during the debate was repeating his lies and hate.
    The reality is that Biden supporters and moderate will be turned off by the boorish behavior and Trump supporters and moderates will be disappointed by Biden's hesitant demeanor. As many have said and I agree, this debate will not incite any supporters to change their mind and I doubt that the roughly 10% of undecided voter would be any clearer now.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast