Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By hannah01
  • 1 Post By SirNotAppearing
  • 1 Post By mrgoodkat

Trumpy mask debate

Closed Thread

Trumpy mask debate

Much as many people, myself included, dislike Trump (and I don’t think dislike is strong enough) I do find distasteful some of the comments on the original thread. Whether he said x about Hilary is immaterial. We should be good enough to rise above that and seek some positives from this latest development one of which is that I hope that it converts a few more lingering doubters and conspiracy theorists into the real world.

I’ve just severed connection with a numpty ‘mate’ of mine who I’ve known for almost 30 years. He visited a hospital in the UK and resisted all challenges to wear a mask. The hospital was seemingly powerless to do anything about it. When someone is so blinkered that they can’t even put a mask on in a hospital they don’t deserve a thing. He doesn’t even buy the argument that it is others they are protecting from him.

this is his justification. I don’t know whether it is fake or not

Original Post Deleted
    Ordinarily I would agree with you but I did try searching and remember this is the UK we are talking about. I give you the following extract from this

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-make-your-own

‘Exemption cards
    Those who have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering should not be routinely asked to give any written evidence of this, this includes exemption cards. No person needs to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about their reason for not wearing a face covering.
    Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.
    This is a personal choice and is not necessary in law.’

so effectively all you have to do is make up a home made badge saying exempt for medical reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:

this is his justification. I don’t know whether it is fake or not

Please. It's FAKE. He's insulting your intelligence. And by saying "whether it's fake or not" you've insulted your own intelligence.

Btw, you did right in severing your ties with him. Selfishness is toxic.
    East_coast likes this.

so effectively all you have to do is make up a home made badge saying exempt for medical reasons.
    This kind of thing makes the Chinese narrative about the decline of the West quite understandable!

Ordinarily I would agree with you but I did try searching and remember this is the UK we are talking about. I give you the following extract from this

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-make-your-own

‘Exemption cards
    Those who have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering should not be routinely asked to give any written evidence of this, this includes exemption cards. No person needs to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about their reason for not wearing a face covering.
    Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.
    This is a personal choice and is not necessary in law.’

You don't even need a badge, people who are too stupid to wear a mask just say "you have no right to ask me why I am not wearing a mask".

What I am trying to work out is why so many people in the UK are so ill they can't wear a mask but not in the Philippines were masks and face shields are mandatory.

Those signs about not challenging someone not wearing a mask are all over the place in the UK, next to all the signs saying you should wear a face covering (they never say mask). I discovered my sun visor is an acceptable face covering in the UK, which was quite good so I could wear that in my (empty) train carriage for my 3 hour train journey. (Had it been a full or even partially full carriage, I would have worn a proper mask, but since there was nobody to protect I took advantage of the UK lunacy).

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    UK lunacy.

Appropriately, well-said.

If peopleofwalmart.com has taught me anything, it's that people don't get challenged for not wearing pants. So why get into fisticuffs over masks? Just stay away from people if they don't wear masks. People getting into arguments over not wearing masks are way more annoying and retarded than the people not wearing them. Who made you the mask police anyway?

greenmark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    If peopleofwalmart.com has taught me anything, it's that people don't get challenged for not wearing pants. So why get into fisticuffs over masks? Just stay away from people if they don't wear masks. People getting into arguments over not wearing masks are way more annoying and retarded than the people not wearing them. Who made you the mask police anyway?
    Most of the time, the argument is with staff that are simply doing their job and asking customers to follow store policy(or in some cases the law). If a customer shows up in a restaurant smoking, bare feet or without shirt, I would also expect staff to remind them of store policy. In virtually every video I've seen, it's the retard not wearing a mask that flips out and gets angry and violent by simply being asked to follow policy.

Just like smokers doing their deed where they are not supposed to, it's selfish and a lack of manner to refuse to go along with what is mandated by the majority. Personal freedom stops where another person's freedom begin. You don't want to wear masks? Fine but don't expect businesses to accommodate you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Didn't know the pant-less could spread airborne disease. Thanks for the secret knowledge you've amassed.
    hullexile likes this.