Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By shri

Long Read: Inside the Lincoln Project

Closed Thread

Long Read: Inside the Lincoln Project

Seriously worth a read if you're into following US politics, marketing, advertising and whatever else goes into the sausage.

In my learn something new every day file, the OODA loop.

They have studied a combat technique, developed after the Korean War, called the ooda loop—Observe, Orient, Decide, and Act—in which a fighter outmaneuvers an opponent by processing and acting on information quickly, rather than waiting to develop a definitive assessment. Such a rapid offense is meant to disorient and overwhelm a target.

The Project’s strategists metabolize news quickly enough to create spots within hours, or even minutes, of an event. In June, after Trump timidly descended a ramp at West Point, and struggled to lift a drinking glass to his mouth, the Project combined footage of the appearance with other videos of him looking feeble, and released “#TrumpIsNotWell.” The viral spot subjected the President to one of his own tricks: he mocked Hillary Clinton when she stumbled in 2016, and constantly suggests that Biden is senile. Trump was soon wasting time at a campaign rally defending his ability to walk and to drink water.
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-against-trump
    vmlinuz, dengxi, rkenia852 and 1 others like this.

Great share. Didn’t we have a Long Reads thread somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by rkenia852:
    Great share. Didn’t we have a Long Reads thread somewhere?
    Yeah, but figured this would highlight the article a bit better...
    rkenia852 likes this.

I think I had a subscription to that thread so I was curious...didn’t mean to call you out!