Like Tree119Likes

Why do people support trump?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Why do people support trump?

This is a genuine question. I don't get it. I understand right wing bigots who like his racist rhetoric, but surely 43% of Americans (or whatever his support stands right now) are not as racist as him. So people support him based on what? All he seems to have done is to remove some policies of previous presidents, taking away health care, weakening standards for clean air, clean energy, etc. There might be some people who support have dirtier air and no health care. But surely not 43% of the population? I would understand 5% or 10% of the people supporting him, but 43%?? How is that possible? What has he done to retain the support of 43% of the people??

A lot of people are just Republicans and will vote for whoever the candidate is. Plenty who voted for him don’t “support” him per se but would never go for a Democrat.

The red capped MAGA loons are a minority.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Voting for Trump means voting against the mob looting your business just because "Orange Man Bad". Also voting against cancel culture and the government telling you what skin color or sexual organs your employees should have as just happened in California. Plenty of reasons to choose Republicans over Democrats notwithstanding Trump's rhetoric. Just as there are plenty of reasons to vote the other way, depending on your priorities. Saying the Republicans are fascist is about as accurate as saying the Democrats are Communist/Marxist.

What have the Democrats done to deserve the support of those 43% instead?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Voting for Trump means voting against the mob looting your business just because "Orange Man Bad". Also voting against cancel culture and the government telling you what skin color or sexual organs your employees should have as just happened in California. Plenty of reasons to choose Republicans over Democrats notwithstanding Trump's rhetoric. Just as there are plenty of reasons to vote the other way, depending on your priorities. Saying the Republicans are fascist is about as accurate as saying the Democrats are Communist/Marxist.

Started to reply but this answer was just too accurate to pass by. I don't like Trump that much, but I voted him out of having no viable alternative, and mrgoodkat really sums that up perfectly.

I get the partisan issues but do you actually believe if Trump is re-elected protests and riots will disappear? I’m struggling to see the connection.
    Jillypots and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I get the partisan issues but do you actually believe if Trump is re-elected protests and riots will disappear? I’m struggling to see the connection.
    They won't disappear but the thugs, ANTIFA, race baiters and liberal left won't be running the government via thier Biden puppet either. Range of other issues to consider before making a final decision of course but IMO if you are worried the country is going to be far left then Biden will assure you of that.
    Mr Chips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    They won't disappear but the thugs, ANTIFA, race baiters and liberal left won't be running the government via thier Biden puppet either. Range of other issues to consider before making a final decision of course but IMO if you are worried the country is going to be far left then Biden will assure you of that.
    I have leftists friends who literally hate Biden for being too conservative. You’re smoking some good stuff if you think he’d be waving the black flag for Antifa.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    I'm sure they won't disappear, but "Vote for us or we'll burn down your business" just isn't a viable campaign strategy.

Only in America would Biden be seen as supporting the far left.

A lot of the evangelical right support him because of abortion, ignoring everything else.

I am sure people support him because they still sincerely believe he will be better for the country and them. They may be deranged but if they think that then that is how they will vote.

Jillypots likes this.

I'm sure they won't disappear, but "Vote for us or we'll burn down your business" just isn't a viable campaign strategy.
    How about “vote for us or no COVID stimulus package?”
    shri and spode like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast