Like Tree131Likes

Covid: UK/England - 'Tier 4' or Circuit Breaker Lockdown from Thursday

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Speechless
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54774942

i don’t buy the argument it was in the public interest to suppress it. I couldn’t think of a more powerful message than Prince William has it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:
    The UK teacher's union agrees... I also agree... if I was a teacher in the UK I would support a strike... teachers can and should WFH also...
    Surely the aim is to minimise hospital admissions. Most teachers in the UK are under 50. I did read somewhere that a now known group that accounts for 5% of the population accounted for 75% of hospital admissions in the last wave in the UK. I believe this group have stay at home notices this time around.

https://www.bmj.com/content/bmj/371/...800&height=600

Teachers are probably much lower risk than government contracted out cleaners who tend to be older and more likely to have health conditions.
    Sage likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    In terms of power no, in terms of public popularity massively

If an international student chooses to return home, ultimately it is for them to decide whether they do so. However, students planning to travel should adhere to PHE advice while in the UK to ensure they are travelling safely. Students should not travel if they have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) or are part of a household group which is self-isolating.

International students should be mindful that the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office currently advises against all but essential international travel. If students do travel home they should also consider whether they need to self-isolate when they return, and are advised to check any restrictions in the country they are travelling to, and whether they will also need to undertake a period of self-isolation in that country.

International students travelling from countries not on the exemption (travel corridor) list will need to self-isolate in their accommodation for 14 days.

Universities UK has also produced bespoke guidance for HE providers on how to prepare for and care for students who are required to self-isolate on arrival in the UK. We encourage providers to review this guidance when considering how best to support their international and other students arriving from overseas.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...tions-guidance

What's happening here?!???!?

Can the beach goers in HK do this?!

https://twitter.com/LukeFrancis88/st...608097792?s=20

Another bad day globally and in the UK.

Name:  _20201105_065551.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  108.4 KB

Yes obviously the truth, all the others are lying for some unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Yes obviously the truth, all the others are lying for some unknown reason.
    I suspect it is mix. Some areas have little Covid health care impact others will be stretched.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I suspect it is mix. Some areas have little Covid health care impact others will be stretched.
    But I struggle to imagine empty hospitals in the UK even with no covid19 cases.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast