Like Tree38Likes

Canada: 3 Year Work Permit + PR pathway for Hong Kongers...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New scheme (I think this is new)...

Stream A – Applicants must have completed one of the following educational credentials at a post-secondary designated learning institution in Canada in the last 3 years, and they must have done at least 50% of their program of study (in person or online) while in Canada:
    • degree (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or doctorate)
    • diploma from a program that is at least 2 years in length
    • graduate or post-graduate credential (for a diploma or certificate) from a program that is at least 1 year in length; in addition, the program must require a post-secondary degree or diploma, which must have been earned no more than 5 years before starting the graduate or post-graduate program

Stream B – Applicants must have at least 1 year of full-time work experience (or the part-time equivalent, that is, at least 1,560 hours in total) in Canada in the last 3 years; they must also have completed one of the following at a post-secondary learning institution in or outside Canada in the last 5 years:
    • degree (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or doctorate)
    • diploma from a program that is at least 2 years in length
    • graduate or post-graduate credential (for a diploma or certificate) from a program that is at least 1 year in length; in addition, the program must require a post-secondary degree or diploma, which must have been earned no more than 5 years before starting the graduate or post-graduate program

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...residents.html

More details here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...residence.html

Overall, 22,508 Hongkongers were granted Canadian permanent residency, work permits or study visas in 2021, up 256 percent from 2019. There were 11,202 work permits and extensions granted to Hongkongers in 2021, a 544 percent increase compared with 2019, while study permits and extensions experienced a 171 percent increase, hitting 7,862.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/wor...6406.html?gonw
    shri and Coolboy like this.

New Fast track through study route becoming popular now particulalry among middle age couples, not sure what article says in full detail..
    Anecdotally two local friends (couples) in mid thirties (one with daughter) recently moved there on study route, one partner goes for study and other on dependent visa or something like that, heard its getting popular among middle-age group, all 4 had stable decent paying jobs here and transition was financially loosing decision yet took a plung for other reasons..

• Nearly 8,100 Hongkongers issued study permits for higher education in Canada from January to September this year
    • Canada leapfrogs over Britain, Australia and US in race to attract those considering emigration
    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...gtype=homepage

mid thirties ...... popular among middle-age group
    I resent the implication that I'm over the hill... Yes, I am, but I don't like others pointing that out to me.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I resent the implication that I'm over the hill... Yes, I am, but I don't like others pointing that out to me.
    You are probably beyond the lake over the hill.. Reminds me my own resentment when few years ago (probably after umbrella movement) i went to immigration consultant just to check my chances of immigrating to Canada, the agent helpfully said you are near the age boundary where it reduces your express entry points or something, hard realization directly on face..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2