Like Tree103Likes

Donation begging time

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Donation begging time

Didn't think I would be doing this again but seeing people hungry spurs you on.

Those who have been on here a while know that every year my wife and I try to help the poorest locally to us in the Philippines to have food over Christmas and we can only help the number we do by donations.

Every penny or cent (and a bit more) goes to those in need and only to those really in need.

Our main focus is always food (hk50 can feed a family for a few days) but this year we are also looking to provide school supplies (paper and pens) as Christmas presents to the kids, perhaps the only present they will get. This will help with their homeschooling and stop their parents skipping meals to buy them.

There are welfare payments but these just prevent people starving and keep the kids at school. We try to give them a bit more joy at this time of year.

Anyone who can and wants to donate please let me know or if you have questions please ask.

Mrs. Jones and Coolboy like this.

How do we donate?

The easiest way for us would be Western Union (or similar). Would that work for you Green Catalonia?

Why not set up a Go Fund Me page so you get broader reach beyond this board and at the same time put some transparency and normalized payment methods to this? I mean you could actually get the attention of some well heeled people (i.e. Pac-Man, Tony Tan Caktiong but also less well known locals) in your host country rather than just the pions here in HK (and the ones who can't leave mentally).

Eva C and timonoj like this.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/continued...t-for-the-poor

Something like this makes impact. Not enough but it has stronger impact then what you are doing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/continued...t-for-the-poor

Something like this makes impact. Not enough but it has stronger impact then what you are doing IMO.
    Yes I did that last year. It does get more money in though at a cost of 10% or so. This year we are running late and the PayPal account we used is not available.

Original Post Deleted
    Pretty certain I won't be around to ask, but I thought that about this year

I will check on a BDO account for you and PM you.

Original Post Deleted
    Sorry not had a good day healthwise today, will get back to you tomorrow.

Many thanks for donations already received. Won't keep posting, last call. Help make a good Christmas for some very deprived people. A small amount can make a BIG difference.

Hull, Geezer let me know your details, I'll western union online ya some coin.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast