Like Tree8Likes

What Trump LAWS will President Joe Biden revoke / revise?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Oh and I think Biden may reverse course on Obamacare and the individual mandate (that you must have health insurance or be subject to a fine) may return. Definitely there will be some tweaking of Obamacare, not exactly sure what the details will be- will be watching carefully as availability of reasonably-priced health insurance is a factor in whether or not I could live in the US again...(before age 65 when Medicare kicks in, leaving me about 8 more years...).

Original Post Deleted
    Second this, so fed up of the typical MAGA short-sightedness

Original Post Deleted
    Which EO's will be rolled back?

This kind of question demonstrates a lack of understanding about the US. The presidency is about setting a tone and steering policies. Federal laws are done in congress and much of the daily stuff is at the state level. Biden will not be able to do too much unless the democrats win the two senate seats in the run off in Georgia. Similarly Trump wasn't able to do much since the republicans didn't have the house in the last two years.

The biggest effect will be in having the US rejoin the rest of the world instead of antagonizing all its allies. The tone set will also be more friendly towards immigration and minorities, towards healthcare. We are more likely to see government initiatives that will favor the environment. Probably a return to friendlier exchanges with Canada and Mexico.

Biden won't be enacting any laws to fix the pandemic but you can bet that the messaging will be a lot more consistent and better to get back on track and we won't likely see presidential retweets of kooky conspiracy theories or racists propaganda from the white house.

I'll take bland and normal over hateful, petty and uninformed any day of the week.

Apparently they're still building that wall, and racing to get as much of it complete as possible before Biden takes over

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/11/94519...umps-border-wa

Quote Originally Posted by spode:
    Most of these should be changed back. Allowing animals to be killed from helicopters or while in hibernation is surely not even close to stalking.
    spode likes this.