UK - New Covid Variant / Tier 4 Lockdown

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

And now Italy blocks UK travel

i have an awful feeling I’m going to be here longer than I want to be

MABinPengChau and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    And now Italy blocks UK travel
    Do you have any link for that? Can't find anything related on Google, and I'd be interested to know

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    Do you have any link for that? Can't find anything related on Google, and I'd be interested to know
    Belgium, Italy and the Netherlands have reacted to the discovery of a fast-spreading strain of Covid-19 in England by announcing bans on flights carrying passengers from the UK, with similar plans reportedly being considered by France and Germany.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...w-covid-strain
    alexdown likes this.

I have friends senior position in government that have been told to expect a tightening of measures this week. Apparently authorities are not satisfied that cases are not trending down. I guess we'll see in a few days if it's rumor mongering or factual, so many like to pretend they know things...I always keep a dose of skepticism especially since no details we shared on what that might be. It's not inconceivable that a temporary UK ban might be enacted, considering the dire situation in California though, you would think the US would also be included.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    sorry it came up on BBC Breaking news and then I went out. I have no UK Sim. Thanks Shri!

As the World Health Organization called on European members to step up measures, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland and the Netherlands on Sunday announced the suspension of air links - and in some cases rail and ferry routes – from Britain.

The bans were mostly scheduled to last about 48 hours as a precaution while the threat of the new strain was evaluated and a coordinated response worked out at a European level, national governments said.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...droidApp_Other

It seems the horse has already bolted

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55388846

MABinPengChau and Mrs. Jones like this.

From The Guardian - Updated list of travel bans.

The new coronavirus strain to emerge in the UK is causing travel havoc. France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Ireland and Bulgaria all announced restrictions on UK travel following the disclosure that the highly infectious new strain is widespread across south-east England.

The French government said on Sunday that all passenger and human-handled freight transport from the UK to France would be suspended for 48 hours from 11pm GMT.

Eurotunnel said access to its Folkestone terminal would be suspended for passenger and freight traffic from 11pm, adding: “Customers with bookings after this time are advised NOT to travel to the terminal as they will not be able to cross to France.”
    Announced with little more than a few hours notice, the ban is expected to cause chaos at ports including Dover and Portsmouth, with the prospect of trucks destined for France being held up on the British side of the Channel alongside their drivers for a full two days.

It comes at a time when cross-Channel freight was already under huge pressure. Queues stretching back at least five miles on the two main approach roads to Dover and the Eurotunnel terminal have been forming almost every day for the past three weeks because of a mix of Brexit stockpiling, Christmas demand and coronavirus measures restricting ferry capacity.
    From: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...k-sector-warns

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast