Like Tree32Likes

Trump's Exit

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    Yes. And it would prevent him from seeking that office ever again.

To clarify from Article I, Sec 3:

[FONT="]Judgment in cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from office, and [/FONT]disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States: but the party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to indictment, trial, judgment and punishment, according to law.
    Surely the answer is 'No'? Once Biden is president, and Trump is..... an unbalanced business man.... impeachment no longer applies to him. In the same way it no longer applies to Bill Clinton.

Now criminal proceedings as a civilian.... that could be FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Surely the answer is 'No'? Once Biden is president, and Trump is..... an unbalanced business man.... impeachment no longer applies to him. In the same way it no longer applies to Bill Clinton.

Now criminal proceedings as a civilian.... that could be FUN!
    Congress can take up whatever proceeding it wants, including impeaching a former president, especially if new facts present themselves. It can be challenged in court because the Constitution does not specifically discuss the action.
    Sage likes this.

Pelosi wants 25th and impeachment

the President cannot pardon in cases of impeachment

Attached Images Attached Images

Original Post Deleted
    It wouldn't be a big problem. As far as my knowledge goes USA pardons only apply on federal crimes and state crimes are not affected. I presume there will be enough left for our entertainement.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Have been scrolling through episode plots of West Wing and Madam Secretary to find a suitable one to watch ... but nothing beats the live show.

I agree - this is mostly showboating and chess plays by the democrats to set Pence and the cabinet up to voice an opinion. Not like they have any future I guess...
    Donald Trump's reality TV show is better than House of Cards.
    shri likes this.

On CNN someone was saying they were worried what would happen on the 17th. What is on the 17th?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    On CNN someone was saying they were worried what would happen on the 17th. What is on the 17th?
    Name:  349FE48D-079E-42DE-AB48-E51E87109D67-1.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  173.9 KB
    hullexile likes this.

Wow, I can't believe Trump is really skipping the Biden inauguration. So lame.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Name:  349FE48D-079E-42DE-AB48-E51E87109D67-1.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  173.9 KB
    What's that supposed to mean? I mean I don't get it. Is it for or against Trump? Or Biden?