Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hullexile

We will not yield but die

Closed Thread

We will not yield but die

"We will trigger World War Three. We will not yield but die. Not a bad outcome, living is overrated. Honor is all."

Perhaps it is because I hear the fighter jets flying out that I wonder why this is not getting more coverage.

https://mb.com.ph/2021/04/04/china-d...aWQF12-O625VrA

Its not getting more coverage because China is not going to fight a war with the Philippines... The rocks in the SCS are not worth going to war over. China just wants to be the indisputable top dog in the region and have control over the sea lanes. If China can take over Taiwan it would have achieved that already.

Quote Originally Posted by illini_expat:
    Its not getting more coverage because China is not going to fight a war with the Philippines... The rocks in the SCS are not worth going to war over. China just wants to be the indisputable top dog in the region and have control over the sea lanes. If China can take over Taiwan it would have achieved that already.
    I don't think there will be war either but it is clearly a potential flash point as can be seen by all the political and military manoeuvering that has been going on. One false move.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by illini_expat:
    If China can take over Taiwan it would have achieved that already.
    or, "hide your strength and bide your time"..