Like Tree200Likes

Taiwan Strait Crisis: How Likely?

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Wow, I'm actually legitimately surprised. You know we have Hunter Biden on record saying most of this? Not a third party, actually him. Hunter literally bragged 'I am friends with top members of the Chinese govt and can help connect you to them' and vice versa. And the emails have been authenticated by the mainstream media, specifically politico, so saying they are a conspiracy theory is no longer accurate. He also to this day holds a 10% firm in an investment company investing in sanctioned entities. This is all openly talked about on bbc, nbc, etc. Mainstream stuff. You have to be really die hard left to pretend it isn't happening, or to think that some of the deals he's gotten didn't come with a price tag.

But I don't want to fight about it, so I won't post the articles. I was legitimately interested in whether the escalation in force we're seeing in the Taiwan Strait is connected to the Biden presidency, as that would mean a very different timeline for reunification than I feel like people are discussing. Afterall, despite Auckus and the showmanship of "standing up for competitiveness against China", America seems to be trying to smooth things over behind the scenes (see the recent exchange of the Michael's as one example, or the dropping of any reference to investigating covid origins--previously a major talking point)

hike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy:
    Wow, I'm actually legitimately surprised. You know we have Hunter Biden on record saying most of this? Not a third party, actually him. Hunter literally bragged 'I am friends with top members of the Chinese govt and can help connect you to them' and vice versa. And the emails have been authenticated by the mainstream media, specifically politico, so saying they are a conspiracy theory is no longer accurate. He also to this day holds a 10% firm in an investment company investing in sanctioned entities. This is all openly talked about on bbc, nbc, etc. Mainstream stuff. You have to be really die hard left to pretend it isn't happening, or to think that some of the deals he's gotten didn't come with a price tag.
    All of this is makes one conclude that
    a) none of this proves to "well-documented" ties between President Biden and the CCP.
    b) Trump & his clan had even more business ties then Hunter Biden, and even a Chinese bank account.

So nothing there, next.

Trump definitely had more business connections, though I don't know how many of them were sanctioned for military/human rights etc (not that the US sanctions are anything other than political). Anyway, Trump is certainly not a paragon of virtue, no idea why you'd bring him up, although he was too unpredictable and egocentric to make a good political friend for China or anyone--he even backstabs his own people

hike likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Duterte not Durete and he hasn't been ousted

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Duterte not Durete and he hasn't been ousted
    And Hull supports him..... so that’s a hatrick or falsehoods in 11 words - impressive.

Looks like we're still going to be on China's shit list for the foreseeable future. :-)

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-new...6e6bdd8be9b9ba

This week China is conducting a new military exercise. They have commandeered a massive civilian ferry, loaded it up with over 1000 troops and hundreds of type 96 battle tanks and type 94 infantry fighting vehicles, sent it 1000 km out to sea for an overnight voyage with soldiers armed and ready to fight upon disembarking.

https://twitter.com/EndGameWW3/statu...733616647?s=20

https://twitter.com/71Arifin/status/...795127810?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    This week China is conducting a new military exercise. They have commandeered a massive civilian ferry, loaded it up with over 1000 troops and hundreds of type 96 battle tanks and type 94 infantry fighting vehicles, sent it 1000 km out to sea for an overnight voyage with soldiers armed and ready to fight upon disembarking.

https://twitter.com/EndGameWW3/statu...733616647?s=20

https://twitter.com/71Arifin/status/...795127810?s=20

all it takes is an exocet missile to sink that ship. Their navy is a joke
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    all it takes is an exocet missile to sink that ship. Their navy is a joke
    Or a torpedo from one of the lurking subs

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast