Like Tree200Likes

Taiwan Strait Crisis: How Likely?

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    A Chinese spy balloon has been flying over the US for the past few days, having a look at key US military sites. The US has decided not to shoot it down because the debris could be dangerous to people on the ground.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...se-spy-balloon
    They don't have satellites to do the spying?

I saw this thing on an episode of The Prisoner. Definitely dangerous.

hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nivek2046:
    Sometime between Feb 3rd 2023 and Dec 31st 5050. No point playing guessing games.

I think that is a very muted response from the Chinese government.

The fighter flights over my house have really picked up over the last month or so. Between 2 and 12 every day as opposed to every week or two. No idea what, if anything, they are doing. No significant uptick against the Islamic or Communist terrorists reported so either preparation/practice or they are flying over the West Philippine Sea.

At mach 2-4 speeds you're bound to see them now and then. Or at least hear them.

US bases deal could drag Philippines into troubled waters: China
    Yeah yeah but that's China's doing cuz gee, my headlines have been China's persisting claims of ownership over Taiwan, like herpes that keeps flaring up could drag the region and world into troubled water and wastage of time 😑

I personally have this much of tolerance for China's bullshit abt Taiwan
    Name:  IMG-20230203-WA0000.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  1.8 KB

The news always make it out to be a fight for democracy, whatever. TW can be a flaming land of communism and my stand will still be the same. THIS is what ppl talk abt when they ask why some ppl lack common sense. You can drag out the whole history but common sense tells me China has pretty much single handedly wasted decades of everyone's time over these onesided claims cuz guess what.. what does everyone call TW normally - Taiwan. Does any country or politician even think twice abt visiting Taiwan for their affairs if there was no possibility of China acting up? No. Does the political status of Taiwan ever come up as an area of concern w/o China's frothing at the mouth? No. Why does China need to bark like a rabid dog every time some party interacts w Taiwan and constantly remind the world that this is intentionally fuelling anti China separatists fighting for independence? Bcuz it has no fucking claim to the nation that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    At mach 2-4 speeds you're bound to see them now and then. Or at least hear them.
    The end of the runway is less than a mile from my house so I definitely hear (and feel) them on take off

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The end of the runway is less than a mile from my house so I definitely hear (and feel) them on take off
    Lets hope they dont overshoot the runway then otherwise youll have nice new aviation feature in your front room