Like Tree417Likes

Taiwan Level 3 Alert (Partial Lockdown)

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33

Too late for me...here in hotel quarantine in Taipei (4th quarantine but other 3 all in a flat- 3 different flats, kept things interesting). They are only doing it now as there are not enough quarantine hotel rooms to accommodate all the people wanting to return for Lunar New Year. They should just go back to home quarantine for people from low-risk countries (like my HK roommates). I'm coming from the US so fair enough, US still has plenty of covid (even though I AM now vaccinated). But I heard TW is now 70 percent vaccinated or some such figure so guess they are not as scared as before. Not sure with which vaccines but, whatever.

I am pretty lucky, quarantine hotel is sourcing food from local restaurants, meals even arrive HOT which is amazing. And it's only 2 weeks, I will survive although it gets a little worse with each quarantine. Pretty sure I will not go anywhere for a while if I have to shell out for hotel quarantine again, it's a big expense, even in TW.

shri, emx, drumbrake and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Pretty sure I will not go anywhere for a while
    The cats will be happy to hear that.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

But I heard TW is now 70 percent vaccinated or some such figure so guess they are not as scared as before. Not sure with which vaccines but, whatever.
    Welcome "back"..

Latest US donation to Taiwan is about 1.5M Moderna doses.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

So Moderna has something like 100 micrograms of active mRNA ingredient, Pfizer only 30. I got Moderna (it's what the pharmacy had that I wandered into less than two hours after my plane touched down). Got sick for two days after the second dose so guess it's working, at least my immune system was busy mounting a response.

I looked it up, 70 percent of TW has at least one does, about 35 percent have both- just wondering how much of that is "home-grown" vaccine which I trust the way I trust sinovac or sputnik...