Like Tree29Likes

Hancock and Social Distancing

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    You're correct governments blaming 'foreign forces' to distract from their own incompetence should be ridiculed.
    If the Chinese can get access to government office CCTV then the UK has a big problem. Blaming EVERYTHING on the Chinese and attacking ANYTHING Chinese is just stupid and irrational. It also means there is a "the boy who cried wolf" problem.
    East_coast, GentleGeorge and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    If the Chinese can get access to government office CCTV then the UK has a big problem. Blaming EVERYTHING on the Chinese and attacking ANYTHING Chinese is just stupid and irrational. It also means there is a "the boy who cried wolf" problem.
    I suspect a pissed off security guard or staffer

I suspect a pissed off security guard or staffer
    Yes agree, I would imagine for most politicians the list of people is lengthy
    GentleGeorge likes this.

Yes agree, I would imagine for most politicians the list of people is lengthy
    Whether or not it's fair to blame him, basically everyone in the UK now knows someone who has died of covid-19. There's going to be a very long list of potential leakers...
    TheBrit and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Whether or not it's fair to blame him, basically everyone in the UK now knows someone who has died of covid-19. There's going to be a very long list of potential leakers...
    The mantra was to protect the NHS - at whatever cost.

Name:  GettyImages-1209795789.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  124.4 KB

If there were images of the beloved NHS hospital systems collapsing due to Covid-19 the government in power would be unelectable for some time and would surely loose the next election.

Mr Hancock's primary task was surely to protect the party by protecting the NHS. He did that. Some are outraged many are not.

All political parties are guilty of not driving reform or even discussing reform for health care provision.
    Last edited by East_coast; 28-06-2021 at 04:38 PM.

The mantra was to protect the NHS - at whatever cost.

Name:  GettyImages-1209795789.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  124.4 KB

If there were images of the beloved NHS hospital systems collapsing due to Covid-19 the government in power would be unelectable for some time and would surely loose the next election.
    All political parties are guilty of not driving reform or even discussing reform for health care provision.
    "Guilty". Surely the trial is carried out by the electorate? I think you have been living under communism too long.

"Guilty". Surely the trial is carried out by the electorate? I think you have been living under communism too long.
    I suspect there will be an independent enquiry lined up for 2 years or so later. That will find a lacked of preparedness, some bad calls and some good calls. Probably the worst is years of neglect in terms of legislation for the care industry.

No minimum stock levels of PPE, care workers daylighting between 2-4 care homes.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5