Like Tree153Likes

Sept 2021: Global Covid News

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Philippine Airlines goes into Chapter 11 to restructure debts (with minimal hurt to the owner Lucio Tan's net worth of USD 1.8 billion I am sure).

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/tra...fallout-mounts

Figures from my city (population 300k) today. I wonder what the level of panic in Hong Kong would be if you multiplied them up 25 times for population adjustment.

Name:  240905189_373066277681916_5873896695196681280_n.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  191.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    This is a problem of govts and nanny states making.

Stop trying to force people to get vaccinated, they’re adults let them take their own risks. You wouldn’t be seeing these protests if fucking govts were’nt acting like dictatorships.

Sociétés really are obsessed with Covid, and they’re not getting less petty as time progress and Covid becomes less and less problematic.
    Same difference, no one is being forced, coerced maybe, but you are free not to get vaxed you'll just not have access to nonessential services any longer. This is basically the same policy you've been touting to get the fearful hand sitters in HK to get vaxed. We're opening up, the choice is yours...

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Figures from my city (population 300k) today. I wonder what the level of panic in Hong Kong would be if you multiplied them up 25 times for population adjustment.

Name:  240905189_373066277681916_5873896695196681280_n.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  191.3 KB
    28 days confinement plus 28 days home isolation, hourly testing...
    hullexile, RobRoy and JAherbert like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Same difference, no one is being forced, coerced maybe, but you are free not to get vaxed you'll just not have access to nonessential services any longer. This is basically the same policy you've been touting to get the fearful hand sitters in HK to get vaxed. We're opening up, the choice is yours...
    'Essential' is purely subjective, it's overreach in my book.

And I haven't been advocating for this at all, my position has always been, 'vaccines are available, take them or leave them, but we're not forcing restrictions on the rest of society to limit the spread.'

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/r...-no-ivermectin

Misinformation doesn’t seem the sole province of any particular “side”. (Ivermectin doesn’t really seem to work though, had to be a bit loopy to try unless you were in a poor country unable to get vaccinated in the first place.)

With the Delta variant clearly herd immunity is nowhere near where Israel currently is with vaccinations.

I hope other countries are learning from this.

Portugal is now in second place in the ranking of countries in the world with the most vaccinated population but we still are required to wear masks indoors as well as outdoors (when unable to keep 1.5 meter distance).

Even so we still have a considerable number of daily cases (but trending down quickly). Portugal was hit by the fourth wave early on (partly as a result of influx of tourists in spring).

Even with over 1 million confirmed covid cases since the start of the pandemic and now nearly 85% of the population fully vaccinated we still have upwards of a 1.000 daily cases.

Hong Kong will never reach these vaccination numbers so forget about herd immunity and accept either to get a Covid wave (as per Australia) or accept to stay in lockdown/quarantine for the next decade or longer (as Covid is here to stay)
    hullexile, Sage and Blowfish like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardstorm:

With the Delta variant clearly herd immunity is nowhere near where Israel currently is with vaccinations.

I hope other countries are learning from this.

Portugal is now in second place in the ranking of countries in the world with the most vaccinated population but we still are required to wear masks indoors as well as outdoors (when unable to keep 1.5 meter distance).

Even so we still have a considerable number of daily cases (but trending down quickly). Portugal was hit by the fourth wave early on (partly as a result of influx of tourists in spring).

Even with over 1 million confirmed covid cases since the start of the pandemic and now nearly 85% of the population fully vaccinated we still have upwards of a 1.000 daily cases.

Hong Kong will never reach these vaccination numbers so forget about herd immunity and accept either to get a Covid wave (as per Australia) or accept to stay in lockdown/quarantine for the next decade or longer (as Covid is here to stay)
    I have stopped using ourworldindata. Don't know how accurate the figures are for other countries but for the Philippines they have been showing 17% for ages. The source they say they use for the Philippines went to 18.5% on September 1st. Not a massive difference but if that figure is wrong....

Depends on where they get their data source from and how often it’s updated.

https://ourworldindata.org/faqs#where-do-you-get-your-data-from

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I have stopped using ourworldindata. Don't know how accurate the figures are for other countries but for the Philippines they have been showing 17% for ages. The source they say they use for the Philippines went to 18.5% on September 1st. Not a massive difference but if that figure is wrong....

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast