Like Tree153Likes

Sept 2021: Global Covid News

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20

I hope some of the folks on GE chirping on about how QT is no sweat and how current QT measures are justified because blah blah blah... Get the chance to experience this :

https://lepetitjournal-com.translate...o=ajax,nv,elem

drumbrake likes this.

Give him a dose of this too.....
    From the Q.support Group, a French lady again:

I really hope she sue's all these twats and the govt for some big numbers....

Warning for all who feel unwell before or during Quarantine. Going to the hospital during the Quarantine is a challenge to say the least...
    I hope my story can help others who may be in similar situation.

I returned to HK on 7th Sept, after having rescheduled my trip back to HK one time already after my airline got banned. I ignored some stomach pain symptoms, as I was keen to return to HK as my employer was already unhappy with the switch from 7day Q to 21 day Q. This was quite a mistake on my part.

As soon as I landed in HK on Sept 7, I started to feel stronger symptoms.
    On Sept 11, I decided to call the DoH to seek medical help. I was transferred to Queens Mary, with abdominal pain, constipation and fever.
    I was tested upon arrival for COVID which required a 3h wait in the cell designated to welcome quarantine patients. It is a 8msq room where it is freezing cold due to negative pressure, with no window and no toilet access. During this 3h waiting period, strictly no one came to see me, and when I call the staff to get help, I was ignored or yelled at. You will not receive any medication, pain killer or medical advice at this point.
    - be prepared, take very warm clothes, books, be patient.

After the negative covid test, a doctor barely examined me, despite the fever. I received no blood test, and got sent back to Q hotel with laxatives. In total I stayed 6h in the hospital that day but saw the doctor merely 10mn.

I returned to the hotel with higher fever (above 39.5) for 2 more days until I call on Sept 13 a private doctor (Optimal Family Health which was recommended on this very group for online consults during Q) which asked for me to return urgently to the hospital as she suspects appendicitis and even peritonitis. She wrote a strong referral letter. Despite that, I was sent to the Q cell again of Queens Mary for 2 long hours for a new covid test. Same experience, no matter the urgency, pain and symptoms, no one would even consider opening that door as long as the covid results are not in. I was admitted 4h30 later to the hospital, a blood test is finally done, this is Monday Sept 13 evening.

PLEASE NOTE
    Because of the Quarantine order, you need to be admitted in Isolation Ward, no matter it is not relevant with the specific care your situation needs. It means all the staff that needs to enter the room has to protect themselves with additional layers and masks, no matter if you do not have any infectious disease. This strongly delays any care you receive as the staff tend to avoid having to see you as the process is heavy on them... you are considered a potential COVID case no matter your symptoms, I have even been told that "tests cannot really rule out COVID"

I am told my case is not urgent enough for the CT scan to prove the appendicitis diagnosis to be done on the same day. I am even told by some nurses there is no reason to be panicking as I certainly do not even have appendicitis.

In the night between Sept 13 and 14, my blood samples returns proving I have a big infection. Yet I wait for the CT scan until 5pm, Sept 14, still running a high fever in the isolation room and in loads of pain.
    Sept 14 8pm, the scans prove I have a severe appendicitis and an abscess. I am put on emergency (waiting) list for the surgery, position 9 over a list that counts 11 patients.

Sept 15 at 3pm I finally get abdominal surgery. The infection being quite spread out, they need to do a full laparotomy instead of simple incision. The surgery lasted more than 4h and I have been told ever since by every nurse and doctor how serious it was, despite their previous statements trying to undermine my pain and symptoms.

Ever since, I have not received appropriate care as the Quarantine order obliges me to be in the isolation ward instead of the surgical ward. My wound (about 12cm long) is not healing properly in consequence.
    My quarantine order expired on Sept 27 23h59, and I have finally been transferred to the surgical ward to receive the care I deserve.

Conclusion: it seems that a Quarantine order makes them lose sight of you being an actual patient, it strongly delays all necessary interventions and I would really recommend to avoid having to go to the public hospital while in Q at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Give him a dose of this too.....
    From the Q.support Group, a French lady again:

I really hope she sue's all these twats and the govt for some big numbers....

Warning for all who feel unwell before or during Quarantine. Going to the hospital during the Quarantine is a challenge to say the least...
    I hope my story can help others who may be in similar situation.

I returned to HK on 7th Sept, after having rescheduled my trip back to HK one time already after my airline got banned. I ignored some stomach pain symptoms, as I was keen to return to HK as my employer was already unhappy with the switch from 7day Q to 21 day Q. This was quite a mistake on my part.

As soon as I landed in HK on Sept 7, I started to feel stronger symptoms.
    On Sept 11, I decided to call the DoH to seek medical help. I was transferred to Queens Mary, with abdominal pain, constipation and fever.
    I was tested upon arrival for COVID which required a 3h wait in the cell designated to welcome quarantine patients. It is a 8msq room where it is freezing cold due to negative pressure, with no window and no toilet access. During this 3h waiting period, strictly no one came to see me, and when I call the staff to get help, I was ignored or yelled at. You will not receive any medication, pain killer or medical advice at this point.
    - be prepared, take very warm clothes, books, be patient.

After the negative covid test, a doctor barely examined me, despite the fever. I received no blood test, and got sent back to Q hotel with laxatives. In total I stayed 6h in the hospital that day but saw the doctor merely 10mn.

I returned to the hotel with higher fever (above 39.5) for 2 more days until I call on Sept 13 a private doctor (Optimal Family Health which was recommended on this very group for online consults during Q) which asked for me to return urgently to the hospital as she suspects appendicitis and even peritonitis. She wrote a strong referral letter. Despite that, I was sent to the Q cell again of Queens Mary for 2 long hours for a new covid test. Same experience, no matter the urgency, pain and symptoms, no one would even consider opening that door as long as the covid results are not in. I was admitted 4h30 later to the hospital, a blood test is finally done, this is Monday Sept 13 evening.

PLEASE NOTE
    Because of the Quarantine order, you need to be admitted in Isolation Ward, no matter it is not relevant with the specific care your situation needs. It means all the staff that needs to enter the room has to protect themselves with additional layers and masks, no matter if you do not have any infectious disease. This strongly delays any care you receive as the staff tend to avoid having to see you as the process is heavy on them... you are considered a potential COVID case no matter your symptoms, I have even been told that "tests cannot really rule out COVID"

I am told my case is not urgent enough for the CT scan to prove the appendicitis diagnosis to be done on the same day. I am even told by some nurses there is no reason to be panicking as I certainly do not even have appendicitis.

In the night between Sept 13 and 14, my blood samples returns proving I have a big infection. Yet I wait for the CT scan until 5pm, Sept 14, still running a high fever in the isolation room and in loads of pain.
    Sept 14 8pm, the scans prove I have a severe appendicitis and an abscess. I am put on emergency (waiting) list for the surgery, position 9 over a list that counts 11 patients.

Sept 15 at 3pm I finally get abdominal surgery. The infection being quite spread out, they need to do a full laparotomy instead of simple incision. The surgery lasted more than 4h and I have been told ever since by every nurse and doctor how serious it was, despite their previous statements trying to undermine my pain and symptoms.

Ever since, I have not received appropriate care as the Quarantine order obliges me to be in the isolation ward instead of the surgical ward. My wound (about 12cm long) is not healing properly in consequence.
    My quarantine order expired on Sept 27 23h59, and I have finally been transferred to the surgical ward to receive the care I deserve.

Conclusion: it seems that a Quarantine order makes them lose sight of you being an actual patient, it strongly delays all necessary interventions and I would really recommend to avoid having to go to the public hospital while in Q at all costs.
    That is totally outrageous. Anyone who has had appendicitis will know the agony she was in. What happened to the simple tests for appendicitis (pressure on tummy and the finger up the bum)?
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

I received this on my Facebook. Not sure if they are injecting people with covid in Australia?

Name:  242941157_2879841338946285_250696641305135875_n.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  69.2 KB

Explosion of cases in Melbourne, 1400+ in last 24 hours, they now overtake Sydney in number of daily cases. The blame is being put on illegal football grand final parties held last Saturday night when they were supposed to be in lockdown. The football game was moved from Melbourne to Perth, but with two Melbourne teams competing it did not stop the illegal parties.

Name:  Vic.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  70.2 KB

More mandatory vaccinations being forced onto around 1 - 1.25 million people in Melbourne. They've got 2 weeks (Oct 15th) to get their first dose or lose their jobs. There is a list of occupations on the government website, including marriage celebrants, firefighters, interpreters, retail workers, etc. If your job is on the list, you've got 2 weeks from now to get vaccinated or lose your job. Of the 1 - 1.25 million people on the list, majority are vaccinated already, but still an estimated few hundred thousand holiding out.

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/a...ed-worker-list

emx and Mrs. Jones like this.

While Hong Kong argues about the 21 day quarantine, the Philippines is looking to cut from 10 days to 7 days and less for the vaccinated.

Apparently it is costing a fortune for the government to pay for people to stay in posh hotels for their free quarantine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.man...rs/1816766/amp

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20