Like Tree42Likes

Colin Powell dead at 84 from Covid-19 related complications

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And you don't think any of those could happen as part of a military campaign?
    Read it carefully again, the passage, particularly this part: " part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population".

The US military did not engage in a widespread systematic attack (that is, intentional attack) on the Iraqi civilians. Any deaths, torture, rape, etc, were isolated incidents. It was not done with the approval of the soldiers' superiors. They were violating their own military code.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Read it carefully again, the passage, particularly this part: " part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population".

The US military did not engage in a widespread systematic attack (that is, intentional attack) on the Iraqi civilians. Any deaths, torture, rape, etc, were isolated incidents. It was not done with the approval of the soldiers' superiors. They were violating their own military code.
    Right. 200,000 isolated incidents. Or “collateral damage”.
    I guess firing white phosphorus over Falluja (“shake and bake”) was not intentional either.
    FrancisX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baklava:
    Right. 200,000 isolated incidents. Or “collateral damage”.
    I guess firing white phosphorus over Falluja (“shake and bake”) was not intentional either.
    Yes, it's not a war crime. Because there was no order from the Pentagon to target Iraqi civilians. Civilian deaths were collateral damage. A result of fighting or targeting by the anti-US milita. War is hell and civilians die. That is the nature of warfare. But that doesn't make it a war crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    You should learn to grow up. Iraqi military campaign is not a "war crime". Do you even know what a "war crime" means? Powell's legacy is not in the toilet. It is tainted but Powell is still a respected figure in the US. But a nuance analysis is something clearly beyond your capability. How pathetic.
    Please direct me to where I mentioned a "war crime".

You put it in quotation marks so I assume you was quoting me. Or are you just having an argument with yourself as usual?

Either way: bizarre

Edit: I see my previous posts have been deleted - again. Hmmm. Looks like coolly gets free reign to t insult, develop straw man accusations and display his support for child-killing liars. Right of response not allowed?
    Last edited by FrancisX; 21-10-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6