Like Tree197Likes

Nov 2021 - Covid News from Around the World

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tropic:
    Singapore's covid death rate increased dramatically after 70-80% of their population got vaccinated.

Are you trying to say that there is a link between vaccinations and death rate? The facts don't support you.

The 620th to 625th fatalities here were aged between 57 and 84. All had various underlying medical conditions.
    The MOH noted that over the past seven days, the number of fully vaccinated and non-fully vaccinated cases who are critically ill in the ICU are at 0.6 and 5 per 100,000 population, respectively.Over the same period, the number of fully vaccinated and non-fully vaccinated cases who died are 0.1 and 0.9 per 100,000 population, respectively, it added.
    Among those aged 60 and above, the number of fully vaccinated and non-fully vaccinated cases who are critically ill in the ICU are 2 and 44, respectively. The number of fully vaccinated and non-fully vaccinated seniors who died are 0.2 and 9.1, respectively, said the MOH.
    https://sg.news.yahoo.com/2038-new-c...152730071.html
    AsianXpat0, Gatts and Mrs. Jones like this.

Well the first phase of live with Covid doesn’t seem to be going too well either. I’m reminded of Sage’s oft repeated statements that this is no longer a pandemic. Well if that’s the case I’ll meet him half way and call this a panicdemic because virtually all those countries that massively relaxed are now paring back at the first upticks.

I’m not condemning it at all. This is the correct approach and the fine tuning seems to be trending towards vaccine passports and denying the non-exempted unvaccinated the same access rights.

With the exception of course of the lily livered English (not Scot or NI) who will probably end up doing it because most of the rest of the world did.

can’t be too long before Germany gets added to high risk and 21 days qt instead of 14

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59337955

I've mentioned this before but the data on ourworldindata is dodgy.

From the DoH Philippines vaccination dashboard:

Name:  Screenshot_20211119-120923.png
Views: 207
Size:  72.6 KB

Translates to 30% fully vaccinated, 37% at least one

From ourworldindata

Name:  Screenshot_20211119-121102.png
Views: 210
Size:  135.9 KB

No idea what it is like for other countries.

Pack your bags, Philippines to open to fully vaccinated tourists with no quarantine from green list countries soon. The announcement should be made in the next week I think.

There are 44 countries on the list including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan.

For those in Hong Kong, just don't go back.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Pack your bags, Philippines to open to fully vaccinated tourists with no quarantine from green list countries soon. The announcement should be made in the next week I think.

How’s your WiFi? I can ask work to allow me six months at yours. I have no personal or company tax issues with Philippines.

All I need is Red Horse, Balut and the occasional Crispy Pata

You and I can then lambast Phil Brown!
    hullexile likes this.

And for non-tourist (?) travellers from the yellow list countries (red list is only one or two countries)

Name:  _20211119_130806.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  124.8 KB

Going is fine. Coming back is the issue. I would have gone back to Canada months ago if it werent for these ridiculous quarantine rules.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Going is fine. Coming back is the issue. I would have gone back to Canada months ago if it werent for these ridiculous quarantine rules.
    Give up the Hong Kong apartment and WFH from a beach front villa drinking cold cheap beer

And the nicest most generous nation of people I've ever encountered

Give up the Hong Kong apartment and WFH from a beach front villa drinking cold cheap beer
    I would do this in a heart beat if this was allowed. Too bad my WFH policies are limited to HK only.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast