Like Tree197Likes

Nov 2021 - Covid News from Around the World

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Scientists warn of new Covid variant with high number of mutations

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...r-of-mutations

And the lack of vaccine access equality comes back and bites the rich countries on the arse.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59424269

Well that's some terrible news. I remember reading some time ago that there was a lot of concern that something like this would come out of Southern Africa due to the huge amount of HIV... Young people were getting covid with minor/
    limited symptoms, and then it was hanging around and mutating for months and months in their bodies given their very weak immune systems etc. Not sure if vaccines are of any help for people with HIV but I presume not if there's no real immune system to train?

Apparently our “selfish mask” guy had this variant.

Drawbridge coming up?

Sage likes this.

So if you are from a green list country you can enter for Christmas.

Name:  260420550_10160680273102985_4608745905502858230_n.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  50.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And the lack of vaccine access equality comes back and bites the rich countries on the arse.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59424269
    What proportion of mutations do you think would have been prevented if the global vaccine supply had been distributed globally in exactly the order of relative risk from infection (obviously impossible) regardless of geography?

I'd wager the answer would be very low to close to zero.
    qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    What proportion of mutations do you think would have been prevented if the global vaccine supply had been distributed globally in exactly the order of relative risk from infection (obviously impossible) regardless of geography?

I'd wager the answer would be very low to close to zero.
    I bow to your greater knowledge. I disagree. But then the pandemic is over, cases globally are falling and the experts who said 30,000 or more might die in the UK by June 2022 if all restrictions were lifted were incredibly stupid and ignorant compared to your expertise in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Blah blah. I disagree. Blah blah.
    Ok, go ahead and put a quantitive value on the proportion you think would be prevented.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Ok, go ahead and put a quantitive value on the proportion you think would be prevented.
    5 shillings and six pence. Blah blah blah.

Neither of us know because we are both as ignorant as shit. The difference is I know I am ignorant, you live in a delusional world where you are the world expert on covid based on some YouTube videos and this overwhelming need to defend yourself because you were wrong 18 months ago and can't let that go.

Pandemic over
    Global cases falling
    Deaths in UK negligible (a mistake you made last year and unbelievably, or not, repeated this year).
    TheBrit and ByeByeEngland like this.