Like Tree197Likes

Nov 2021 - Covid News from Around the World

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

The Philippines is expecting to be at the lowest alert level by Christmas. Alert level one would mean businesses and venues can operate at full capacity. Basically it would mean just wear a mask.

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The Philippines is expecting to be at the lowest alert level by Christmas. Alert level one would mean businesses and venues can operate at full capacity. Basically it would mean just wear a mask.
    Where I am in Western Australia, city population of 2 million, I have not seen one person wearing a mask indoors or outdoors ever in the last 6 months. Even when I got my COVID shots, see photo below, not one person including the nurses giving the shots wearing a mask. This is why we dont open our borders yet like the rest of Australia is doing, and happily leading really normal lives except we cannot leave the state. But we concede cannot stay this way forever, will probably open the borders after we have had a "normal Christmas" and then have to start wearing masks and following other shitty rules.

Name:  Vaccine.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  354.9 KB
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Where I am in Western Australia, city population of 2 million, I have not seen one person wearing a mask indoors or outdoors ever in the last 6 months. Even when I got my COVID shots, see photo below, not one person including the nurses giving the shots wearing a mask. This is why we dont open our borders yet like the rest of Australia is doing, and happily leading really normal lives except we cannot leave the state. But we concede cannot stay this way forever, will probably open the borders after we have had a "normal Christmas" and then have to start wearing masks and following other shitty rules.

Name:  Vaccine.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  354.9 KB
    Choices choices. Election here in May, a relatively normal Christmas would be the political aim but also matches the independent analysis.

Singapore's covid death rate increased dramatically after 70-80% of their population got vaccinated.

Name:  Screenshot_20211118-233045_Brave.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  283.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tropic:
    Singapore's covid death rate increased dramatically after 70-80% of their population got vaccinated.

Are you trying to say that there is a link between vaccinations and death rate? The facts don't support you.

The 620th to 625th fatalities here were aged between 57 and 84. All had various underlying medical conditions.
    The MOH noted that over the past seven days, the number of fully vaccinated and non-fully vaccinated cases who are critically ill in the ICU are at 0.6 and 5 per 100,000 population, respectively.Over the same period, the number of fully vaccinated and non-fully vaccinated cases who died are 0.1 and 0.9 per 100,000 population, respectively, it added.
    Among those aged 60 and above, the number of fully vaccinated and non-fully vaccinated cases who are critically ill in the ICU are 2 and 44, respectively. The number of fully vaccinated and non-fully vaccinated seniors who died are 0.2 and 9.1, respectively, said the MOH.
    https://sg.news.yahoo.com/2038-new-c...152730071.html
    AsianXpat0, Gatts and Mrs. Jones like this.

Well the first phase of live with Covid doesn’t seem to be going too well either. I’m reminded of Sage’s oft repeated statements that this is no longer a pandemic. Well if that’s the case I’ll meet him half way and call this a panicdemic because virtually all those countries that massively relaxed are now paring back at the first upticks.

I’m not condemning it at all. This is the correct approach and the fine tuning seems to be trending towards vaccine passports and denying the non-exempted unvaccinated the same access rights.

With the exception of course of the lily livered English (not Scot or NI) who will probably end up doing it because most of the rest of the world did.

can’t be too long before Germany gets added to high risk and 21 days qt instead of 14

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-59337955

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast