Like Tree230Likes

December 2021: Global Covid News

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

https://globalnews.ca/news/8475800/c...ecommendation/
    hullexile and Sage like this.

Diner at restaurant visited by aircrew found preliminary positive.

COME ON CARRIE, SEND EVERYONE IN THAT RESTAURANT AT THAT TIME TO PB!

"Irrational fears"

Does that finally make it true now that someone in a white coat has said it?

Think it’s fairly clear that I have always advocated for sane policy goals and targeted proportionate measures consistent with achieving them, not for hysteria or robotic completionism from whatever end of the spectrum. (The fact that our policy goals don’t coincide with that of the authorities often seems missing from consideration.) So much so I often get the feeling the people that disagree want to send the men in white coats after me, so I don’t know how to answer that?

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:
    Think it’s fairly clear that I have always advocated for sane policy goals and targeted proportionate measures consistent with achieving them, not for hysteria or robotic completionism from whatever end of the spectrum. (The fact that our policy goals don’t coincide with that of the authorities often seems missing from consideration.) So much so I often get the feeling the people that disagree want to send the men in white coats after me, so I don’t know how to answer that?
    Agreed, my comment was in reply to your 'post', but not directed at you at all.

I would suggest that when doctors are calling it irrational fear, it's already progressed far beyond that and into asylum territory.
    AsianXpat0 likes this.

Omicron is less severe and gives innate resistance to delta. Truly a golden opportunity for a vaccinated population to finally bite the bullet and take this thing on. One fast and short wave that's over in 6 weeks. Shame our rates aren't high enough to bite that bullet now. Don't know if we'll have such an opportunity again.

Most popular person in the Philippines is Gwyneth Chua.

Arrived from the USA. Decided a few days quarantine wasn't her thing so left the hotel, travelled across Manila and went to a family party.

Tested positive, odds are as she is from the USA it is omicron.

Unrelated, here is the last four days new cases: 200; 400; 800; 1600. Predict the sequence.

Canada admits it's hit its maximum testing capacity and will not provide tests to mild/asymptomatic cases as 30-40% of tests are already positive indicating significant community spread.

Starts at about 2mins in:

https://youtu.be/6vSpq_S8Hvk

qhank likes this.