Like Tree230Likes

December 2021: Global Covid News

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Exclamation December 2021: Global Covid News

However, Scottish officials also said none of the six have been admitted to hospital.

“It is now clear that the Omicron variant has been spreading around the world for some days, if not weeks prior to the alarms being raised,” said Rowland Kao, an epidemiologist at the University of Edinburgh.

“It is important to remember that the Omicron variant may not pose an increased health risk – it may in fact cause milder infections. However, we shall only know for sure in the next few weeks, once there are enough cases and enough time for statistically reliable estimates of severe illness to be made.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...und-the-world/
    JAherbert likes this.

As a Christian and an evangelist I still have to let out a sigh over the stupidity.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/telev...8ulUHduRV-T7G4

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    As a Christian and an evangelist I still have to let out a sigh over the stupidity.
    “There’s no doubt in my mind that this is a spiritual attack from the enemy,” Jonathan Lamb said of his father’s COVID-19 infection during a November 23rd on the network.

Umm, no. If you want to take a religious view, you can say God inspired the scientists who invented the vaccine, in order to save humanity. Even if the virus is from Satan himself...

There is a subReddit, Herman Cain award (named after the US Presidential candidate who minimized covid and then died of covid after some Republican rally), that tracks people's anti-vax Facebook or other social media postings to their eventual death from covid. Pretty interested reading if somewhat shadenfreude-esque...

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/
    hullexile and Coolboy like this.

It's all fun and games...until Australia says they can't come back due to omicron in Fiji...

chuckster007 and Mary 2 like this.

49 Police officers in Western Australia fired this morning for refusing the vax by Dec 1st mandate for "group 1" workers. But a bigger deadline is coming on Jan 1st when the "group 2" mandate comes into effect, whereby 75% of the workforce are required to be jabbed or get fired, or employers faces $100k fines. Group 2 includes restaraunt, supermarket, convenient store, banks, post office workers, etc. 75% of all workers must have had at least one jab in the next month or lose their job. My 16yo son works at McDonalds, getting his second shot this morning as they have been bugging him to show his digital certificate.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-...n-wa/100664300

Good grief! If your kid works in McD's, pretty sure he WANTS to be vaccinated due to contact with all of humanity wandering through McD's...

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Good grief- US now going to require covid testing within 1 day of flight to the US- so if you have an overnight layover (like me trying to get to the East Coast of the US from Taiwan) I would need to find a covid test place in Korea (or other layover country like Japan)? Also considering requiring 7 days of self-isolation (which everyone will completely ignore, I am pretty familiar with my fellow Americans...).
    The USA is on another upswing of cases and deaths. They will reach 800,000 deaths by the middle of December.

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    The USA is on another upswing of cases and deaths. They will reach 800,000 deaths by the middle of December.
    No clue about the death counts... but upswing in deaths?

Name:  Screenshot 2021-12-02 at 11.38.10 AM.png
Views: 1428
Size:  13.8 KB
    mrgoodkat, Tandy and Sage like this.

That was great and funny to watch, the 1st tourist back is definitely some INDIAN dude as you can see from his dance moves
    bdw likes this.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast