Like Tree62Likes

Parties and Politics - Tories wavering

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    You really think that everything will be hunky-dory when Boris goes?
    No. But that does not stop Boris being a tool.
    qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    No. But that does not stop Boris being a tool.
    Boris isn’t the tool, he’s just the figurehead for an entire political arena that has morphed into sound byte and puerile debate. We have a lot not to thank New Labour for, especially this.
    qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Boris isn’t the tool, he’s just the figurehead for an entire political arena that has morphed into sound byte and puerile debate. We have a lot not to thank New Labour for, especially this.
    While you can justifiably blame New Labour for the style, Boris is still a dick. Whatever excuses are made, whatever reasons are given, whatever whataboutery is used, the man is an idiot.

Of course the British public are even bigger idiots in thinking an amusing buffoon was harmless. I admit I found him funny on Have I Got News For You. The joke is on us.
    tropic likes this.

Its not unusual for by elections to produce unusual results mid term. Given the current circumstances even less surprising.

The question is will this dissatisfaction survive for another 3 years to affect the result of a General Election. I have my doubts.

East_coast and qhank like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    Its not unusual for by elections to produce unusual results mid term. Given the current circumstances even less surprising.

The question is will this dissatisfaction survive for another 3 years to affect the result of a General Election. I have my doubts.
    This was quite a drubbing but the protest vote seemed to be aimed at both major parties. No doubt the Conservatives are toxic at the moment but Labour lack purpose.
    qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    This was quite a drubbing but the protest vote seemed to be aimed at both major parties. No doubt the Conservatives are toxic at the moment but Labour lack purpose.
    Right it was a protest vote against both parties.

Which party has held the seat for 200 years?

Which party had a majority of 23,000 votes last election?

Which party leader do you think is most worried this morning?

I know you are a paid up member but time to face reality.

Time for a new leader. (As long as it is not Rees-Mogg).

Labour winning a seat in north Shropshire is about as likely as ... I was going to write Hong Kong having democratic elections, but while there is a possibility (however faint) of Labour winning that seat, I'm afraid there is next to no possibility of HK having democratic elections in the foreseeable future.

qhank likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Right it was a protest vote against both parties.

Which party has held the seat for 200 years?

Which party had a majority of 23,000 votes last election?

Which party leader do you think is most worried this morning?

I know you are a paid up member but time to face reality.

Time for a new leader. (As long as it is not Rees-Mogg).
    No doubt a much worse result for the Conservatives but a failed opportunity for Labour Party. Mr Johnson should make changes or he will and should be out. Mr Starmer should be.... something

Investigations not going too well... But it will be leveled up.

The country’s leading civil servant has stepped down from his role investigating alleged lockdown-breaking parties inside Downing Street after claims emerged he had hosted an event himself over the same period.

No 10 said Simon Case had removed himself from the process “to ensure the ongoing investigation retains public confidence”. He will be replaced by veteran civil servant Sue Gray, second permanent secretary at the communities and levelling up department.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...droidApp_Other

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast