Like Tree32Likes

Parties and Politics - Tories wavering

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Parties and Politics - Tories wavering

North Shropshire By-Election - Tory voters rebelling?

Possible parties by civil servants at Number 10, definite cash for questions by a Tory gammonesque Brexiteer MP and an election of a outsider v a local, toxic party v innocuous party

Dr Neil Shastri-Hurst v Helen Morgan

Name:  RCGXDNUHVNHSDIRTQHHKN6G33A.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  151.2 KB

Name:  2.63631106.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  242.3 KB

A Conservative seat since 1832 with 64 per cent at the last election

The runners and riders
    - Helen Margaret Lilian Morgan , from North Shropshire, is standing for the Liberal Democrats.
    - Neil Shastri-Hurst , from Birmingham, standing for the Conservatives.

One of many parties from last year ...

On Wednesday, guests at the party – hosted by the campaign for Shaun Bailey, then the Conservative mayoral candidate for London – were grappling with a hangover that took a year and a day to hit.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...hoto-nightmare
    hullexile likes this.

I suspect there were many many end of year informal sandwich gathering in the many many many offices, shops, factories etc that never went into lock-down. 10 mins saying bye to the people you have shared an office with all day anyway probably didn't feel too 'wrong'. Not like you'd arrange a special dinner and travelled to that... Anyway posing for a photo at one - Idiotic

The outsider my be the insider soon

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...with-lib-dems/

Last edited by East_coast; 16-12-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I suspect there were many many end of year informal sandwich gathering in the many many many offices, shops, factories etc that never went into lock-down. 10 mins saying bye to the people you have shared an office with all day anyway probably didn't feel too 'wrong'. Not like you'd arrange a special dinner and travelled to that... Anyway posing for a photo at one - Idiotic

The outsider my be the insider soon

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/...with-lib-dems/
    You think all the Tory parties were saying goodbye for ten minutes? Totally unplanned?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    You think all the Tory parties were saying goodbye for ten minutes? Totally unplanned?
    I am sure many were planned and many lasted more than 10 minutes. As were many many many other 'gatherings' that led to the spike of infections.

Name:  ukmembership2016.png
Views: 307
Size:  5.9 KB

- what is the first graph? Number of sandwich parties?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    - what is the first graph? Number of sandwich parties?
    Party member numbers. I'm sure there is a correlation between the number of people in an organization and the the number of sandwich gatherings. Impossible to prove but most people I know are sociable by nature in the work environment and some would possibly bend the rules a little at the end of the year. Or perhaps it was just parties for Tories that infected the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Party member numbers. I'm sure there is a correlation between the number of people in an organization and the the number of sandwich gatherings. Impossible to prove but most people I know are sociable by nature in the work environment and some would possibly bend the rules a little at the end of the year. Or perhaps it was just parties for Tories that infected the nation.
    Whataboutism. Is there a Tory word for wumao?

The Tories are the government. They gave the rule that there should be no social.mixing. They demand the public obey but do not think such rules apply to them. It is an unfortunate tendency of the swamp like nature of the current Tory Party.

Ted Heath will be turning in his grave.
    GentleGeorge likes this.

The Queen has canceled Christmas... #whatwillborisdo

https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/stat...398606851?s=20

qhank likes this.

I can’t believe after nearly 2 years that Covid is a UK political tool. Surely it is serious enough for a cross party committee with recommendations made by that committee?

qhank likes this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast