Like Tree457Likes

January 2022: Global Covid News

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast

They have just renovated and reopened Manila zoo. Using it as a vaccination centre for kids. Free trip to the zoo and while you are here.....

6300 vaccinations on the first day. Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    They have just renovated and reopened Manila zoo. Using it as a vaccination centre for kids. Free trip to the zoo and while you are here.....

6300 vaccinations on the first day. Great idea.
    Do they have hamsters?
    blandy62, hike, hullexile and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyears:
    Can Shri introduce a "WTF!" button?
    bdw, Mrs. Jones and HK_Katherine like this.

This was a massive backflip overnight. Shifting of goalposts, premier here told us to get up to 90% vaccinated and then we open up, set a date of Feb 5th, we've achieved this target, but overnight came out and said now we need to be triple vaxxed and these are now mandatory or we are considered unvaccinvated. This motherfucker. But anyway most people here in WA seem OK with it and actually don't want the government to drop borders when Omicron is ravaging the Eastern states. Might as well wait and see if this predicted "massive spike followed by massive plunge" that is suppose to happen with Omicron actually turns out to be true.

I would be more pissed off with this delay if Hong Kong was open, I really need to go to HK for work and personal reasons, planning to sell my property soon, etc. But since HK still closed anyway then I'm gonna have to wait longer anyway. Need both sides to open up quarantine free before you will see my arse on a plane. I read stories from @ByeByeEngland and @MABinPengChau here, and sorry to say, with all due respect (I think there was a thread on this saying last year), but I'm not putting myself through the kind of crap they've had to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    This was a massive backflip overnight. Shifting of goalposts, premier here told us to get up to 90% vaccinated and then we open up, set a date of Feb 5th, we've achieved this target, but overnight came out and said now we need to be triple vaxxed and these are now mandatory or we are considered unvaccinvated. This motherfucker. But anyway most people here in WA seem OK with it and actually don't want the government to drop borders when Omicron is ravaging the Eastern states. Might as well wait and see if this predicted "massive spike followed by massive plunge" that is suppose to happen with Omicron actually turns out to be true.

I would be more pissed off with this delay if Hong Kong was open, I really need to go to HK for work and personal reasons, planning to sell my property soon, etc. But since HK still closed anyway then I'm gonna have to wait longer anyway. Need both sides to open up quarantine free before you will see my arse on a plane. I read stories from @ByeByeEngland and @MABinPengChau here, and sorry to say, with all due respect (I think there was a thread on this saying last year), but I'm not putting myself through the kind of crap they've had to deal with.
    You should expect the goal post to be moved regularly and not in a favorable position. If you do want to come to HK expect to go thru selfpaid-shithole-worsethanprison quarantine.

The more the gov is playing these stupid games and lying to citizens, the less I would want to get vaxxed. I am double vaxxed already (very early on too). But I will not get my 3rd shot under faith the government will keep their fucking word.
    AsianXpat0, bdw, Sage and 1 others like this.

I’m out at midnight tonight. Easier to say when it is all behind me but I’d do it again but have nothing but sympathy and understanding for those that won’t come back and even worse some that want to come back but can’t afford the financial and emotional stress.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    You should expect the goal post to be moved regularly and not in a favorable position. If you do want to come to HK expect to go thru selfpaid-shithole-worsethanprison quarantine.

The more the gov is playing these stupid games and lying to citizens, the less I would want to get vaxxed. I am double vaxxed already (very early on too). But I will not get my 3rd shot under faith the government will keep their fucking word.
    And there you have it folks, clear as day - It's govt's that encourage antivax sentiment not fucking tennis players.
    Insomnia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    And there you have it folks, clear as day - It's govt's that encourage antivax sentiment not fucking tennis players.
    Right, one person delaying their booster. Strangely none of the anti vaxxers I read on Facebook mention government policy as the reason. Fear, conspiracy theories, anti science attitude, ignorance, reliance on false information.
    Flapster likes this.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast