“Novaxx” Djokovic

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

https://twitter.com/ajhegarty9/statu...343476225?s=20

https://twitter.com/tumcarayol/statu...623434242?s=20

https://twitter.com/Danielle_Rob/sta...009422338?s=20
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillypots:
    AsianExpat0 - thank you for guiding me to BDW’s excellent post. I should have checked to see if there was a thread already running. FYI - “Rules are rules” was a quote from Scott Morrison - I’m all for common sense.

BDW - I get that the visa refusal/cancellation has been overturned as they didn’t give him time to appeal - fair enough. But the facts don’t really stack up - his lawyers say it was 16/12 that his “first positive PCR test was recorded”. Why then was he out on 17/12, maskless, not social distancing, closely mixing with people in a large crowd? By Serbian law, he should have been self isolating for five days after receiving a positive PCR test.

Also, this interesting snippet from a paper: “……. his exemption from the vaccination requirement was was entirely in accordance with the rules set out by Tennis Australia. The relevant document, issued by Tennis Australia to all would-be competitors in the Open, states: ‘If you wish to have your medical exemption reviewed by the judgment panel, you will need to forward your application and supporting documentation urgently and no later than Friday December 10, 2021.’Those last ten words were printed in bold, for emphasis. So how was it possible for Novak Djokovic to have submitted a valid form by December 10, if his ‘qualifying’ infection (now over) was not first detected until December 16?

Very intriguing. Someone, somewhere, is being economical with the truth!
    Yeah the questions you raise are the same ones we are scratching our heads about in Aus. He supposedly tested positive on Dec 16th, but then you can see in the pics below on Dec 16 and 17 in Serbia, so if he really was positive then he's breaking Serbian law.

Australia has handled this quite badly. In particular, I think Tennis Australia, Victorian Government, and Federal government are 3 different entities that are not properly aligned, the criteria for getting a medical exemption not clear, etc. But at the end of the day, all Novak had to do to avoid all the trouble was get vaccinated, something we are all doing around the world whether we like it or not, and he should just do his part. So yeah its a bit embarrassing situation, but glad its happening to an arsehole like Novak.

The French open is next too, in May. If French president Macron follows through on his threat last week to really "piss off" the unvaccinated, then hopefully he follows Australia's lead and doesnt make it easy for Novak in France either

Name:  Dec16.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  158.4 KB

Name:  Dec17.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  246.1 KB

This comment of yours made me smile, “But at the end of the day, all Novak had to do to avoid all the trouble was get vaccinated, something we are all doing around the world whether we like it or not, and he should just do his part. So yeah its a bit embarrassing situation, but glad its happening to an arsehole like Novak.”

There’s a scatalogical joke doing the rounds - “If he’s number one, why does he behave like a number 2?” Thought that might bring you a smile

hullexile, bdw, AsianXpat0 and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Will look super petty if they try to kick him out again...
    Not petty imo. Shouldn't be one rule for normal folks and a different one for famous ones - particularly anti vaxxers who wander round in public while infected.
    Mrs. Jones, hongkong7 and njstone9 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillypots:
    Any Geoexpat Aussies - what’s going on with Novaxx? Last week it was all detention and “Rules are rules”, and this week he’s playing tennis in Australia?
    Isn't it a case of some rules are for normal people (for example people who live elsewhere and haven't seen their Australian relatives for 2 years) and other rules for celebs/famous sports people etc.
    hongkong7 likes this.

I still don't completely understand the ins and outs of whether and how he complies, or not, but do agree that it is hugely unfair on “ordinary” Australians who have been separated from their families for a very long time.

hongkong7 and njstone9 like this.

What really annoyed Australians is that for the last 3-6 months, this guy refused to reveal his vaccination status and whether or not he would be coming to Aus to compete in the Open. Then literally last minute, he posts on twitter from some airport, "just got my medical exemption and coming to Aus". Most of the other tennis players been here for weeks already competing in warm up events. It is his arrogance, and then when granted an exemption not very graceful or humble about it, that rubs a lot of Aussies the wrong way.

Then within 24 hours of his tweet he rocks up at Melbourne off an Emirates flight and the Aussie border force just says "Yeah nah sorry mate thats not an exemption". So they give him the choice to turn around and go back home or be detained in an immigration hotel if he wants to stay and fight.

Jillypots and Coolboy like this.

Novak's dad calls on Queen Elizabeth to intervene

https://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis...fc8f7925bf4cfc

Paxbritannia likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast