Like Tree340Likes

“Novaxx” Djokovic

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

It's one of those unusual situations where both sides come out looking like complete arseholes. Novax and Morrison should both hang their heads in shame

qhank and Rob2020 like this.

If the Queen interfered in every dictatorship in the world she’d have no time for anything else! And she’s probably pretty busy counselling Air Miles Andy at the moment!

shri, Cwbguy and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Then within 24 hours of his tweet he rocks up at Melbourne off an Emirates flight and the Aussie border force just says "Yeah nah sorry mate thats not an exemption". So they give him the choice to turn around and go back home or be detained in an immigration hotel if he wants to stay and fight.
    Since he has won in court the border force was obviously wrong about him not having an exemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillypots:
    I still don't completely understand the ins and outs of whether and how he complies, or not, but do agree that it is hugely unfair on “ordinary” Australians who have been separated from their families for a very long time.
    There's only thing unfair on ordinary Australian's and that's the Australian govt pulling all the shit they pulled over the last 18 months - locking citizens out of the country, locking citizens in, firing them for going unvaxxed against rubella etc etc.

Rules are made to be broken and Australia has some pretty fricken stupid rules.

If ever there was an advert for how immoral it is to impose sick person rules on healthy people then it's those photos of him with covid in Dec.

Australians booing, because he doesn't follow the herd just screams spiteful bitterness - people pissed off that their govt has been forcing them into shitty compromises, and they want to be sure that everyone else has to suffer the same injustice.

That smacks of 'dickhead' more than anything.

p.s. your post is just the conduit Jillypots - the target is much wider. ;-)
    Paxbritannia and Insomnia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    Not petty imo. Shouldn't be one rule for normal folks and a different one for famous ones - particularly anti vaxxers who wander round in public while infected.
    Don't get me wrong, he is a jerk and should not have been granted a visa in the first place- in fact, the court case was mostly about procedure (not the merits of whether he should have actually gotten a visa)- that they didn't give him enough time when they revoked. So Australia screwed up. Big time. But having screwed up, they kind of are stuck with it.

The Australian Border Force is investigating whether Novak Djokovic incorrectly declared he had not travelled and would not do so for two weeks before his flight to Australia, in the latest twist in the tennis star’s visa cancellation saga.

Questions have been raised about the declaration completed by an agent for Djokovic, with social media posts seemingly showing he was in Belgrade on Christmas Day before flying to Australia from Spain on 4 January.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...e-travel-claim
    shri and Mrs. Jones like this.

I don't want to check ... will resist the urge to do this. But what are Global Times and the Wolf Warriors saying about this?

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    Not petty imo. Shouldn't be one rule for normal folks and a different one for famous ones - particularly anti vaxxers who wander round in public while infected.
    It actually highlights that the legal system greatly favours those that have deep pockets to put governments in their place when they fuck up, like ours did. And our government has handled this like a monkey live on camera, fucking a football!

Prior to the 15th of December we had no issue with Covid in Queensland, then Scott Morrison leaned on our State premier to open our borders with those NSW aresholes, all in the name of economics. Now we have 10's of thousands of covid cases like we have never experienced before and I had to get my children vaccinated this morning, before they return to school in February after the ( our ) summer break. I feel so sorry for small business owners who are getting fucked over by this decision.

For the moment, our kids will be returning to school as per usual now that they have been vaccinated, but I wouldn't be surprised if this situation changes now they have purposely infected us all thanks to forcing our previous ( effective) border closure hand.

Scott Morrison and the Liberal Party are a pack of c*nts!

My advice to you lot in Hong Kong, is don't whinge about your closed border policy, or the school closures, because the alternative will be 100's of thousands of cases which your hospital system will completely collapse under.

Stay cool people :-)
    bdw and qhank like this.

Well done Novak for exposing all the Karens.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast