Like Tree264Likes

“Novaxx” Djokovic

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Correct me if mistaken, but I've never heard of anyone, if denied a visa/entry stamp to HK get even a hearing before a HK judge. I've always heard that HK Immig Dept does not comment of individual cases and does not waver.

Seems odd that earlier this week we read the Hawke, OZ Immig Minister, had total, unassailable power to send folks packing out of OZ. Now, seems that info was mistaken as Novaxx will again seek a judge's intervention.

Sometimes i wonder who runs the circus.

Cancel the visa, yes, ban for 3 years, not sure he tried to enter fraudulently so I think that's a bit over-the-top- more like something the US would do, no need to stoop to that level, just seems...vindictive.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Cancel the visa, yes, ban for 3 years, not sure he tried to enter fraudulently so I think that's a bit over-the-top- more like something the US would do, no need to stoop to that level, just seems...vindictive.
    I think it is standard in many if not all countries but it does not have to be enforced. You can come back in within the time if you get permission.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

It’s standard under UK immigration rules to refuse a visa if deception (aka a lie) has been used in the visa application. Depending on the type of visa, appeal rights apply. Not for visit visas.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Bottom line, neither Djokovic or the Australian government look good coming out of this mess.

Australia is introducing a new visa called the boomerang visa. They’re currently trialling it on a well known tennis player.

bdw, muzzdang, hullexile and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillypots:
    Australia is introducing a new visa called the boomerang visa. They’re currently trialling it on a well known tennis player.
    I was trying to think of a decent come back

That would be ace.

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    Correct me if mistaken, but I've never heard of anyone, if denied a visa/entry stamp to HK get even a hearing before a HK judge. I've always heard that HK Immg Dept does not comment of individual cases and does not waver.
    Usually they get stopped at HK immigration after getting off the plane, they then get put in an office for a few hours and then put on the next flight back to where they came from, official reply is your visa was denied and we wont tell you why LOL
    No chance to even request a hearing or get taken away to an immigration detention center, kicked out of HK on the next flight ASAFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillypots:
    That would be ace.
    some say it’s corny but I would say it’s deucey
    muzzdang and Jillypots like this.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast