Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By hullexile
  • 2 Post By Coolboy
  • 2 Post By Coolboy

Meatloaf dies at 74

Closed Thread

Bat out of Hell was an awesome album. RIP.

blandy62 and Sith like this.

Didn't realise he was 74. How come all the people from my youth are old now?

RIP.

blandy62 likes this.

What... I just played his music for the first time in a long time today. RIP

This is one of my favorite Meat Loaf song:

blandy62 and Insomnia like this.

Very sad but at least he died the way he wanted to...

He was critical of vaccine mandates and it was unclear if he was vaccinated. “If I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled,” he told the reporter.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/m...eath-598bcsc6k

The singer Meat Loaf is said to have been critically ill with Covid-19 in the days before he died.The performer, whose real name was Marvin Lee Aday, had been working on a show named after his most famous song, I’d Do Anything for Love, and was due to attend a meeting this week to discuss the project, according to the Hollywood website TMZ.
    This was cancelled after he caught the virus and fell seriously ill, the site said, adding he deteriorated quickly.
    Aday died on Thursday evening at the age of 74, his family said in a statement. They did not include the cause of death and his manager, Michael Greene, could not be reached for comment.
    For several years the singer had struggled with health issues stemming from problems with his spine, for which he underwent a series of surgeries.

“Before the back surgeries I was still trying to do shows,” he said in a Facebook post in November. But he was suffering “pain that would bring you to your knees”. A fourth bout of surgery in February 2018 “left me in a lot of pain but I have some form of life. I now have 13 screws holding on a metal plate or plates in half my back,” he wrote.
    That year Rolling Stone magazine, which visited him at his home in Austin, Texas, said that “his hair is thinning, his hands are unsteady, his back is such a mess he can’t get into bed at night without help from Deborah, his wife of ten years, much less put on socks and shoes”.

The pandemic set his recovery back because he was unable to receive physical therapy, he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette last summer. “Covid put me back to zero,” he said.
    He is said to have hugged fans who approached him at a comic book convention in Pittsburgh, although he was “scared to death” of catching the virus. He told the Post-Gazette: “I’m sorry, I understood stopping life for a little while but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics.”