Like Tree46Likes

Feb 2022 - Global Covid News

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Exclamation Feb 2022 - Global Covid News

Roving reporter checking in from Barbados. Just had to escape the grey British weather.

Very impressed with Barbados actions to mitigate the virus. We had to obtain a certified PCR test taken within 72 hours to enter the island plus proof of fully vaxxed status.

Over here mask wearing is adhered to by 99.9% of people. Many even wear them in the out door areas of the hotel although it's not required.

I went into a garage shop to pick up some beers and had to (directed by a security guard who they seem to have at the entrance to most supermarkets) spray my hands with anti bacterial stuff, check my temperature and then remove my mask for a few seconds so I could be seen by the security camera!

Despite all this it seems Barbados case numbers are quite high but I guess they are prioritising tourism as it is the major source of income.

On a non COVID note - the Chinese are rampant here in their investment in infrastructure, and I never realised everything was so expensive. Missing cheap Asian holidays!!

Hopefully China's manufacturing might will soon be churning out more effective vaccines. Around 330 vaccines have been under clinical trial and the best so far seems clear and China is 'copying' this MRNA approach.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...gtype=homepage

Let's hope Hong Kong remains partial open to using the best vaccines.

Book your tickets now while the door is open!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-60284491

They started jabbing the 5-11 year olds here today. 15 million to do.

Name:  273506980_10160865806077985_4531803482346111522_n.jpg
Views: 1662
Size:  77.4 KB

chuckster007 and JAherbert like this.

Because they can make them more cheaply than current foreign offerings or just because they don't want to use foreign produced products?

Why you need to be careful when reading reports of academic papers. A working paper is like a first draft of a non peer reviewed paper.

Name:  _20220208_072407.jpg
Views: 1600
Size:  280.3 KB

Name:  _20220208_072452.jpg
Views: 1581
Size:  243.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Why you need to be careful when reading reports of academic papers. A working paper is like a first draft of a non peer reviewed paper.

Name:  _20220208_072407.jpg
Views: 1600
Size:  280.3 KB

Name:  _20220208_072452.jpg
Views: 1581
Size:  243.4 KB
    This is also a great example of why we should be sceptical of these Rebuffal Social media posts.

Being on social media has more credibility than a working paper?

But the real point is him continuously attacking the authors because they’re not medical doctors.

That’s a great example of how twisted this whole charade has become. Why the hell would you want people modelling the affects of social restrictions to be medical doctors (a group with a vested interest In keeping restrictions).

That’s the whole point, Medical doctors are by and large Unqualified for this type of work, as well as being biased in favour of their own industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    This is also a great example of why we should be sceptical of these Rebuffal Social media posts.

Being on social media has more credibility than a working paper?

But the real point is him continuously attacking the authors because they’re not medical doctors.

That’s a great example of how twisted this whole charade has become. Why the hell would you want people modelling the affects of social restrictions to be medical doctors (a group with a vested interest In keeping restrictions).

That’s the whole point, Medical doctors are by and large Unqualified for this type of work, as well as being biased in favour of their own industry.
    What you want is balance. Different perspectives. Different specialities. Not echo chambers. People like these academics who are selective in their data, who don't take on the views of others, they are a problem don't you think?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast