Like Tree975Likes

Russia / Ukraine - "Military Operation"

Closed Thread
Page 122 of 131 FirstFirst ... 114 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    Sadly whatever and others might want to believe, the World comes in shades of grey
    That grey is approaching black. Or a deep red.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    That grey is approaching black. Or a deep red.
    I don't understand your point here.

Would Kazakhstan have been better off if Nursultan Nazarbayev and his kleptocrat children had come back at the head of an armed uprising?

I don't understand your point here.

Would Kazakhstan have been better off if Nursultan Nazarbayev and his kleptocrat children had come back at the head of an armed uprising?
    Invent what I said part 3.

What I actually said was that the new boss was "a bit less undemocratic". I know you read that post. No point continuing with this one either.

Not comparable to Ukraine or a particularly helpful reference.

Less than a year ago Kazakhstan invited russian troops in to help an elected president survive a military coup...
    There are no universal ways to democracy. For Kazakhstan today is already a step forward. For us in Belarus everything is much more shady to be honest..
    Insomnia likes this.

But it will go much faster if ruzzian troops leave the country...

There was an earlier article about the 4 regions annexation that said/quoted Putin that apart from those 4 which he won't budge on, he is open to negotiations about Ukraine. I was wondering if Ukraine would respond but nothing so far. So I thought Elon musk was suggesting for crimea to decide its own fate in return of Russia recognizing ukraine's independence but remain neutral? Fuck that, lousy exchange.

Problem is that during last 8-9 years ruzzia brought a lot of ruzzians to the Crimea. It's like what they are doing now with Ukrainians at occupied territories - forcefully move them into ruzzia. Then they can claim that "Crimeans are ruzzians"

Difficult situation.

If neither Putin nor Zelensky backs off.. this only means there’ll be many more deaths in this clueless war, and the outcome is very ambiguous.

Quote Originally Posted by snjt:
    Difficult situation.

If neither Putin nor Zelensky backs off.. this only means there’ll be many more deaths in this clueless war, and the outcome is very ambiguous.
    If Zelensky backs off I think he would be replaced. If Putin doesn't back off I think he will be replaced.

One has people volunteering to fight, the other has millions leaving the country to avoid fighting.
    Grinnie Jax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    If Zelensky backs off I think he would be replaced. If Putin doesn't back off I think he will be replaced.
    bookmarked this. will reply in 6 months.