Like Tree27Likes

Monkeypox

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Monkeypox

shri, MABinPengChau and Mrs. Jones like this.

is the Q word going to be the new in-word of the world ... 2020-2022 ?

Sigh. Once again proving humans are incapable of learning from mistakes. Obviously there should be isolation procedures for infectious and re-emerging diseases in every country and these should have existed pre-covid but because the quarantine solution + 7,14,21-day lucky period worked so well in combating covid, it only makes sense to default to it for all diseases going forward .

Quote Originally Posted by HSY:
    Sigh. Once again proving humans are incapable of learning from mistakes. Obviously there should be isolation procedures for infectious and re-emerging diseases in every country and these should have existed pre-covid but because the quarantine solution + 7,14,21-day lucky period worked so well in combating covid, it only makes sense to default to it for all diseases going forward .
    I am actually surprised they haven’t already invoked the 21 day wash out requirement for people coming from the U.K. No doubt that will be triggered some time between the latter part of July and early August. I’ve got a good track record of being in the U.K. when it happens

I’m not monitoring any more so has anyone raised such questions at the daily press conf? If not it will just be a matter of time
    aw451 likes this.

It's just a catchy headline. Playing with the horrible associations with have with the word in other context. But what it actually says is: If you are one of the few unlucky people that caught the virus, then you have to do quarantine. Fair enough. Not even close contacts have to do quarantine.

If you are covered in monkey pox, no one really wants to see you for at least 21 days...

I remember the old chicken pox days, the kids coming back to school all covered in chicken pox scabs...good times.

chuckster007, Mrs. Jones and aw451 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielFRA:
    It's just a catchy headline. Playing with the horrible associations with have with the word in other context. But what it actually says is: If you are one of the few unlucky people that caught the virus, then you have to do quarantine. Fair enough. Not even close contacts have to do quarantine.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=premium-asia

Same here ... close contacts to isolate.

The unusual outbreak of the rare disease has sparked a wave of contact tracing and testing, with the closest contacts of confirmed cases – such as partners and people in the same household – offered a vaccine and told to isolate at home for up to 21 days.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nce-more-cases
    Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

STOP fucking monkeys and then fucking other, keep it in your pants FFS Its just making life harder for the rest of us after 2 years of BAT flu

Since the first was announced in the UK on 7 May – a person who arrived in London from Nigeria – the agency has confirmed 19 more cases, the majority among young men who have sex with men.
    So if you get monkey pox then it clearly means you love sausages
    Cheeky Kiwi, bdw and aw451 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    STOP fucking monkeys and then fucking other, keep it in your pants FFS Its just making life harder for the rest of us after 2 years of BAT flu

So if you get monkey pox then it clearly means you love sausages
    I read it gets carried and transmitted to humans by rodents. And I heard that there is a fetish festival in the center of the outbreak. Maybe they did some perverted stuff with rodents?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast