Like Tree184Likes

15 dead in Texas Elementary School Shooting

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18

Quote Originally Posted by Andy SNK:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/06/new-...tic-rifle.html

A good start. Not perfect, but at least someone tried to do something about it
    This is a fantastic step in the right direction. Just a few more 1000 of these types of improvements of gun laws in the coming years and deaths should start to fall

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    This is a fantastic step in the right direction. Just a few more 1000 of these types of improvements of gun laws in the coming years and deaths should start to fall
    Hmm, I’d argue this is a step backwards. It legitimises the ownership of these guns by those “old enough”. It is “a feel good” victory that will not be followed up with much. It will hardly act as a rallying call for the next step forward.

The gun should have been outright outlawed.

Laws preventing youth ownership are likely not the answer. I am going to take a hunch and say that the 10 year old girl was not licensed or the owner of the gun used.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/08/us/orlando-10-year-old-girl-arrested-fatal-shooting/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by hike:
    Laws preventing youth ownership are likely not the answer. I am going to take a hunch and say that the 10 year old girl was not licensed or the owner of the gun used.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/08/us/orlando-10-year-old-girl-arrested-fatal-shooting/index.html
    I agree. It is not the answer but it is a start. someone has to start somewhere.
    how many people die because of accident shot by toddler? may be 1-2 per occasion.
    how many people die because of assault riffle?
    Can someone own an assault riffle? I think yes, but make it as hard as hell as possible, e.g. 1000% tax, ownership fee every month, license, background tests, health checks, etc etc..
    Just like, can I own a helicopter? sure, but it won't be easy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy SNK:
    I agree. It is not the answer but it is a start. someone has to start somewhere.
    how many people die because of accident shot by toddler? may be 1-2 per occasion.
    how many people die because of assault riffle?
    Can someone own an assault riffle? I think yes, but make it as hard as hell as possible, e.g. 1000% tax, ownership fee every month, license, background tests, health checks, etc etc..
    Just like, can I own a helicopter? sure, but it won't be easy
    How many people have been shot by minors in the UK (gang crime aside) over the last 20 years?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Like I said.. no way to proceed on getting guns banned in the US.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18