Like Tree292Likes

US Mass Shootings / Gun Control - News & Opinions

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

So first reports I read said it was a handgun and I'm thinking, nah, real red-blooded Americans use ASSAULT RIFLES as was the founding fathers' intention and their God-given right. Now they are reporting the gunman bought two assault rifles as a birthday present for himself...

shri, Elegiaque, HSY and 1 others like this.

The suspect also allegedly shot and killed his grandmother before entering the school and again opening fire.
    RIP to the victims and families

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    So first reports I read said it was a handgun and I'm thinking, nah, real red-blooded Americans use ASSAULT RIFLES as was the founding fathers' intention and their God-given right. Now they are reporting the gunman bought two assault rifles as a birthday present for himself...
    If ever "fucked up" needed a definition...
    MABinPengChau and statman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Apparently his 18th birthday present to himself:
    1. Buy assault rifles
    2. Kill Grandma
    3. Shoot up a school

Happy Birthday to me!
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Oh it will get far worse. I fully expect that the authorities will setup a fund and budget to supply guns to teachers, janitors and school admins. I am naively assuming that some genius has not thought about this yet.
    spode likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Oh it will get far worse. I fully expect that the authorities will setup a fund and budget to supply guns to teachers, janitors and school admins. I am naively assuming that some genius has not thought about this yet.
    Oh it's been discussed- seems FL senate voted to extend concealed carry permits to allow guns in the classroom already...

https://www.nea.org/advocating-for-c...o-arm-teachers

My father had a concealed carry permit- he picked me up at the train station with my then 9 year old daughter packing a 9mm and wearing an NRA hat...good times. After he had a stroke, my brother was cleaning out his apartment, found a treasure trove of loaded weapons...
    shri and spode like this.

Just read a statistic on BBC that there are 120 guns for every 100 people in the US...
    Name:  _98128594_top_ten_gunowning_640-nc.png
Views: 306
Size:  23.3 KB

If as many Americans took to the streets as protested either Covid rules or the election result something might be done. Until then, mass shootings, tut tut we really must do something, rinse and repeat. The U.K. election system is flawed but they are at least doing more than just a a token effort at taking money and influence out of the poltical system. Foolproof no, punished upon discovery yes. The US aren’t even making a token effort in that direction.

markranson likes this.

Random and offtopic ... or may be on topic, you decide.

A link to this "Lipstick, iPhone and a gun" ad showed up while reading about primary results in the US.

https://twitter.com/kayiveyforgov/st...92250636087302

MABinPengChau and markranson like this.

My condolences to the families of the victims. May American leaders one day have the strength and power get the American soul cured from this NRA propaganda that deeply planted the myth that there's any good in a liberal gun policy.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast