Like Tree290Likes

US Mass Shootings / Gun Control - News & Opinions

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

US Mass Shootings / Gun Control - News & Opinions

Well, it's been at LEAST a couple of weeks since a mass shooting, time for another one...

https://us.yahoo.com/gma/texas-eleme...174500312.html

Elegiaque likes this.

Name:  D753EC58-9971-417C-AD43-4D80B8D1730C.jpeg
Views: 2260
Size:  100.4 KB

and again nothing will get done about it

Not clear from the story what the motive was - but there was this:

A number of the shooting victims are children of Customs and Border Patrol agents, law enforcement sources told ABC News.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    Not clear from the story what the motive was - but there was this:
    Does there even have to be? Just angry teenagers with deadly guns. Apparently there's nothing you can do about it.

Will the dumb ones kill themselves out? Darwin and all...
    Mrs. Jones and MABinPengChau like this.

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Golden State Warriors coach, Steve Kerr

Game 4: Pregame

STEVE KERR:

I'm not going to talk about basketball. Nothing's happened with our team in the last six hours. We're going to start the same way tonight. Any basketball questions don't matter.
    Since we left shootaround, 14 children were killed 400 miles from here, and a teacher. In the last 10 days, we've had elderly black people killed in a supermarket in Buffalo, we've had Asian churchgoers killed in Southern California, now we have children murdered at school.
    When are we going to do something? I'm tired. I'm so tired of getting up here and offering condolences to the devastated families that are out there. I'm so tired. Excuse me. I'm sorry. I'm tired of the moments of silence. Enough.
    There's 50 Senators right now who refuse to vote on HR8, which is a background check rule that the House passed a couple years ago. It's been sitting there for two years. There's a reason they won't vote on it: to hold onto power.
    I ask you, Mitch McConnell, all of you Senators who refuse to do anything about the violence, school shootings, supermarket shootings, I ask you: Are you going to put your own desire for power ahead of the lives of our children and our elderly and our churchgoers? Because that's what it looks like. That's what we do every week.
    So I'm fed up. I've had enough. We're going to play the game tonight. But I want every person here, every person listening to this, to think about your own child or grandchild, mother or father, sister, brother. How would you feel if this happened to you today?
    We can't get numb to this. We can't sit here and just read about it and go, well, let's have a moment of silence. Go Dubs. C'mon, Mavs, let's go. That's what we're going to do. We're going to go play a basketball game.
    Fifty Senators in Washington are going to hold us hostage. Do you realize that 90 percent of Americans, regardless of political party, want background checks, universal background checks? Ninety percent of us. We are being held hostage by 50 Senators in Washington who refuse to even put it to a vote, despite what we the American people want.
    They won't vote on it because they want to hold onto their own power. It's pathetic. I've had enough.
    Mrs. Jones, Sith, bdw and 4 others like this.

HK looking better every day vs returning to the US. Which speaks to how horrible things are going over there.

RIP to the children and teachers.

Mrs. Jones and statman like this.

Sith likes this.

I really really really really REALLY don't understand the American (generalising) mind. I don't even want to listen to their insane arguments. There is absolutely no reason behind this constant slaughter apart from stupidity, money, power.

ndt, Mrs. Jones, Sith and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Golden State Warriors coach, Steve Kerr

Game 4: Pregame

STEVE KERR:
    50 senators holding USA hostage

There are people with guns

1 + 1 = 11

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I really really really really REALLY don't understand the American (generalising) mind. I don't even want to listen to their insane arguments. There is absolutely no reason behind this constant slaughter apart from stupidity, money, power.
    No one does, not even many Americans. It's fine, they want to live with guns, they can live with "tragedies". It's there given American right!

I think America is getting worse with 24/7 media as a tool for manipulation and propaganda. No one thinks.

When people say "I've had enough!", or the VP saying
    "Enough is enough,"
    -- they need to be switching to the past tense. It was already enough like 20 years ago...

Oh good, Obama is referring to the past:
    “It’s long past time for action, any kind of action," says Obama.
    This is not too far from where I grew up, actually. But I didn't grow up in this America. To me, Columbine was a turning point in which I guess America learned "oh I can do that?", and thus copy-catting starting.
    merchantms, shri and hullexile like this.

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast