Like Tree71Likes

PM Truss - Seems a lovely person

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

PM Truss - Seems a lovely person

Two leaders in a row whose only aspiration was to be PM but who have no vision or solid guiding principles.

Not sure if Boris' bare faced lying is better or worse than Truss who seems to honestly believe the generally insane and frequently contradictory things she spouts every day. I doubt she'll make it to the next election...

I think the Truss approach is to ask herself "What would Maggie Thatcher do" and act accordingly.

However, I don't think she understands the Reagonomics or the fact that while it was right for its time, we are not in the 1980s anymore

Boris is an idiot but his survival instinct tempered his ambition. Liz does not have any self awareness and for that reason I think she will actually be worse than Boris

East_coast and irisboards like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrib:
    I think the Truss approach is to ask herself "What would Maggie Thatcher do" and act accordingly.
    I think it’s more “what will please the Tory membership and get me elected?” Nakedly self serving.

Starmer has a very solid chance of being the next PM after Truss if he plays his cards well.
    East_coast, shri and irisboards like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    I think it’s more “what will please the Tory membership and get me elected?” Nakedly self serving.
    Without charm or buffoonery. She also is populist with the public with left leaning economic talks of reducing the autonomy of the central back and right leaning social issues such as how to treat illegal immigrants. Sterling should tank on such pronouncements.

After a lurch to the left with Mr Johnson they Conservative Party appear to be in the death throws of governance by rejecting the more socially and economically centrist Sunak for a Ms Truss who appears to have no political spine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Starmer has a very solid chance of being the next PM after Truss if he plays his cards well.
    Not being Ms Truss should be sufficient

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU8S...nel=OldQueenTV
    Last edited by East_coast; 05-09-2022 at 08:23 AM.
    hullexile and irisboards like this.

I look forward to her speech on curry and taco bell...

She will do for British comedy what Trump did for American comedy...

https://youtu.be/UFNRUuBARM4

Mrs. Jones likes this.

British want to be a world leader in food and farming now? ............ interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by james_hklocal:
    British want to be a world leader in food and farming now? ............ interesting.
    Not sure what they want as of this weekend ... She did want the british apple to be at the top of the tree at some point. These days it is a race to the bottom... candidate 1 says something stupid ... candidate 2 has the lower the bar by saying something even more stupid.

Consistently though, does seem to reflect tory / global right wing conservative values of 'fuck the poor.. they need to work harder' ...

Quote Originally Posted by james_hklocal:
    In HK speak that would be a food and farming hub.

What worries me is that I don't think any of them have a clue or a clear vision.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    In HK speak that would be a food and farming hub.

What worries me is that I don't think any of them have a clue or a clear vision.
    I think vision can be over rated. Especially as one persons clear vision may be another’s dystopian nightmare. I’d settle for someone pragmatic and competent.

Truss looks like another cakeist though, promising tax cuts with one hand and massive rises in Government spending on the other. All she needs to do is find a magical money tree….

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast