Like Tree128Likes

September 2022 - Global Covid News & Issues

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10

Australia ditches COVID isolation rules from October 14th. It means if you catch COVID, you can still go to work, school, etc if you want, or stay home if you feel sick and dont want to go, up to you.

https://www.news.com.au/national/pol...cb0ed811f92d15

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Australia ditches COVID isolation rules from October 14th. It means if you catch COVID, you can still go to work, school, etc if you want, or stay home if you feel sick and dont want to go, up to you.

With vaccination you can see this coming. Last week here there were 17,000 tested positive and with almost no testing happening that will be a small fraction. Of these 2 (yes two) were classified as serious.

Meanwhile in our estate, we still know parents who do not let their children go to their friends' places to play, for fear of covid. Despite the kids going to school and spending all day in classrooms with said friends and twenty other kids.
    shri, Sith and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Meanwhile in our estate, we still know parents who do not let their children go to their friends' places to play, for fear of covid. Despite the kids going to school and spending all day in classrooms with said friends and twenty other kids.
    But they go to school?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    But they go to school?
    Yep. And catch the school bus.

I have given up trying to understand the mindset of my 'peer' parents. Our kid's 'international' school is not really very international. One of my kid's friends can come over, but he has to wear a mask the whole time, like that does anything at all in a small enclosed space for several hours, touching the same toys <facepalm>.

Pretty much the same in Canada

https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...-1-2022-09-26/
    hullexile and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Many people are just a lost cause. Trying to explain to them is as much use as arguing with a flat earther. Degeneracy at its best.
    natino, qhank and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Many people are just a lost cause. Trying to explain to them is as much use as arguing with a flat earther. Degeneracy at its best.
    Yeah, that's the sensible approach, though on Geo I still find myself engaging in obvious lost causes too often

The internet really is too compelling sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    Yep.

remember earlier in the pandemic, a mother of one my kid's friends had told him that he should hold his breath while taking a shower

Also seem to remember a few on showing similar madness around kids catching Covid.
    Crankshaft likes this.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10