Like Tree128Likes

September 2022 - Global Covid News & Issues

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

They could make masks optional here, would make no difference, will be mask wearing until Doomsday I'm afraid. For sure if my white face isn't wearing a mask, no one will come near me... (as it is I often get a generous amount of space on either side of me on the MRT).

Mrs. Jones and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    They could make masks optional here, would make no difference, will be mask wearing until Doomsday I'm afraid. For sure if my white face isn't wearing a mask, no one will come near me... (as it is I often get a generous amount of space on either side of me on the MRT).
    We will see here. Masks cost money so I am.guessing they will go.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    We will see here. Masks cost money so I am.guessing they will go.
    Lots of masks made here in TW- government still sells them at a subsidized price if you go to the pharmacy. Cost will not be an issue in TW. Further, the average household has enough mask stock to take them through 2025, at a minimum...there is no hope for me...I've gotten to the point where I just attempt to color-coordinate a bit, so I mostly have black and dark blue masks as most of my work clothes are in this color palette. My roommate, whose clothing has more colors, has had to purchase a wider variety of mask colors. Oh yeah, that's where this is going, a coordinating accessory...in my building, people won't even go throw out the garbage without a mask...

Fuck TW

If they like masks so much they can rejoin the motherland

qhank, Elefant&Castle and Insomnia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Fuck TW

If they like masks so much they can rejoin the motherland
    Hell, these are people who frequently wore masks BEFORE the pandemic! My TW Mandarin textbook even has an article about the art of mask-wearing in TW (published in 2015 or so). Probably picked it up from the Japanese.

So, yeah, I'm screwed.

We think Hong Kong was bad - look at Macau.

https://www.asgam.com/index.php/2022...ts-time-to-go/

shri and Anahan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:

WOW. What an absolutely piss poor article. Gaming industry appears to be synonymous with brain drain.

I wonder when harm from constant mask wearing accumulates (change in blood due to constant self-poisoning by carbon dioxide) - would there be a point when Govt considers harm from mask wearing > risk of catching virus.

Insomnia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    I was in Thailand when they dropped the mask mandate (indoors as well as outside, except crowded places). And no change. Came back a month later. No Change. Was there last week - no change. Still 100 percent wearing inside and about 90 percent outside. Ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:

Hah, I know the author ... used to be a regular in some of our drinking groups. Quite the wheeler-dealer type and found his calling in the gambling industry.

Glad he found a way out...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast