Like Tree128Likes

September 2022 - Global Covid News & Issues

Reply
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    This is an example of "University of Google". Have an opinion, then back it up with the first couple of search results from Google, ignoring what the links actually are.

    The first one is the standard "more research needed" conclusion, and neither make any sort of conclusion as to actual correlated health effects. Maybe there is an effect, but those reports make vague conjecture and leave it as future researched material.

    Did you read either of those reports, or did you just search, link, and post?

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,535
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The most common seemed to be to have a mask somewhere under your chin, I guess for when going indoors.
    Name:  kqas3arzunq51.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  2.76 MB

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    This is an example of "University of Google". Have an opinion, then back it up with the first couple of search results from Google, ignoring what the links actually are.

    The first one is the standard "more research needed" conclusion, and neither make any sort of conclusion as to actual correlated health effects. Maybe there is an effect, but those reports make vague conjecture and leave it as future researched material.

    Did you read either of those reports, or did you just search, link, and post?
    Ok, I see that you took a strategy of just putting some "markers" on me. Good luck.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    Ok, I see that you took a strategy of just putting some "markers" on me. Good luck.
    ... so, you didn't even read the two reports that you linked, and just decided to use random Google results (that you don't understand) as an argument from authority.

    Edit: my actual 'strategy' was to question a dubious assertion initially made by fox news watchers, then to read the evidence that you presented. It just so turned out that you were just pulling random google results, so my conclusion is that my initial gut reaction was probably justified.
    Last edited by jgl; 13-09-2022 at 06:23 PM.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    ... so, you didn't even read the two reports that you linked, and just decided to use random Google results (that you don't understand) as an argument from authority.

    Edit: my actual 'strategy' was to question a dubious assertion initially made by fox news watchers, then to read the evidence that you presented. It just so turned out that you were just pulling random google results, so my conclusion is that my initial gut reaction was probably justified.
    I read them. But you haven't, obviously, and immediately jumped into "conclusions". Indeed, one of them states that further research is required - but it doesn't mean that elevated levels of CO2 are ok. Anyway, you just wanted to jump with your "Fox news", "Google academy" stickers - I see no background for healthy discussion. If your parents didn't raise you well, I can't help it.
    Sage likes this.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    I read them. But you haven't, obviously, and immediately jumped into "conclusions". Indeed, one of them states that further research is required - but it doesn't mean that elevated levels of CO2 are ok. Anyway, you just wanted to jump with your "Fox news", "Google academy" stickers - I see no background for healthy discussion. If your parents didn't raise you well, I can't help it.
    I call bullshit. Nice attempt at a save, but you clearly did not read those articles before posting as one concludes nothing, and the other attributes the common maladies that got vaguely mentioned in the media, without any serious attempt at support.

    This would support your general posting history, which is far more emotive than thought out, which is fair enough. But if you're going to post bullshit articles that you haven't even bothered reading, you can be called out on it.
    TheBrit likes this.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    Not overrated, but indeed the negative impact on social skills of children, learning communicating, psychological effects - are really serious. I am seriously worried that my 2.5 yr.old daughter has never seen mask-less people on the streets.. or played with mask-less children.
    Bring her round my way, I'll happily show her my handsome boat race.
    Grinnie Jax likes this.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,889

    Don't wait.

    Selective enforcement.

    It's extremely easy.


  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I call bullshit. Nice attempt at a save, but you clearly did not read those articles before posting as one concludes nothing, and the other attributes the common maladies that got vaguely mentioned in the media, without any serious attempt at support.

    This would support your general posting history, which is far more emotive than thought out, which is fair enough. But if you're going to post bullshit articles that you haven't even bothered reading, you can be called out on it.
    Once again - could you please leave that aggressive mentoring tone aside?

    "Bullshit" - what exactly is bullshit in the information provided?

    carbon dioxide content in inhaled air rises on average to 13,000 to 13,750 ppm no matter whether children wear a surgical or an FFP2 mask. This is far beyond the level of 2,000 ppm considered the limit of acceptability and beyond the 1,000 ppm that are normal for air in closed rooms. This estimate is rather on the low side, as we only measured this after a short time without physical exertion.
    Is this bullshit to you? x13-14 times higher than norm - doesn't seem like "bullshit" to me at all.

    Name:  ijerph-18-04344-g005.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  52.7 KB

    Is it "bullshit"?

    Name:  ijerph-18-04344-g003.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  56.7 KB

    Is it "bullshit"?

    Bullshit is jumping on someone on the internet and putting some markers on him just because he has a different opinion. Or talking to him in an aggressive mentoring tone, again, just because he has a different opinion, and you have no desire to give any counterarguments.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Beautiful Britain
    Posts
    1,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    It might explain why Hong Kong officials are making such stupid decisions re covid.
    Grinnie Jax and Sage like this.

Reply
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast