Like Tree94Likes

Gender expression in schools

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    We should listen carefully at the very least.

A TG person will tell you over and over that they are trapped in the wrong body. They know this with the certainty that you or I know we are left or right handed.

There is a correlation between TG people and schizophrenics, though: suicide.
    You are making a huge generalisation. Not all TG are the same. They come at it from very different positions. Some I don't doubt genuinely have gender dysphoria and feel they were born in the wrong body. Other though may be doing it for social cachet - see ROGD above - some from a kink angle, some from something slightly more disturbing than a kink, and others just like wearing clothes of the opposite sex - what in the old days would be considered a CD or transvestite - and have no intention of a full transition. And of course we have those who identify as the opposite sex for ideological reasons.

Suicide also a very dangerous area to generalise. First, there are few if any studies that show a higher number of suicided among the TG community compared to the general population (for UK at least). Second, suicide rates don't necessarily drop after transition which suggests gender dysphoria may have been a symptom of their poor mental health and not the cause.
    Last edited by FrancisX; 07-09-2022 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDiego:
    I don't see what the big fuss is about except for people that are closed minded and that have problems accepting change. All that is being done is to offer some choices and to try to create accepting environments where more people can be themselves. At the end of the day, parents and the children will make decisions about their body, not schools, not teachers and that's nobody's business. It's never going to be perfect but it's better than the culture of hate and intimidation that has pushed many young people towards self harm.
    Those that cannot see...

Children making decisions about their body? Like those nice and ten year olds giving informed consent for puberty blockers and hormone treatment that can leave them infertile and unable to orgasm? 15 year olds doing the same to be butchered with a double mastectomy?

The gender ideology movement has been very clever to tap into well-meaning liberal empathy for what is basically a homophobic and misogynistic movement, with a great deal of child abuse thrown in. All supported by your friendly neighbourhood Big Pharma.

Kids have parents don't they? They decide whether their children get vaccines, surgeries, medication, go to church etc... Not my business to tell parents how to raise their kids and schools don't make any decisions for them... As to the misogynistic/homophobic rant, that pretty well describes the good ole days so...

Kids have parents don't they? They decide whether their children get vaccines, surgeries, medication, go to church etc... Not my business to tell parents how to raise their kids and schools don't make any decisions for them... As to the misogynistic/homophobic rant, that pretty well describes the good ole days so...
    WRONG!
    the Hk govt decides your child to get vaxx at 5!

Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    WRONG!
    the Hk govt decides your child to get vaxx at 5!
    Wrong! No one is forced to get vaccination...You just have to accept the consequences of not choosing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I was actually mightily miffed that the other thread was closed. Unless I missed something it had not degenerated and was on the cusp of an interesting debate.

As one of the older generation I willingly admit to really struggling with the whole subject. My biggest beef isn't D&I. I get that totally. I don't always make a success of it but the willingness is there.

Gender reassignment as a teenager (or in some extreme cases even younger) is just so wrong and should be outlawed (because hormones are racing) and what I am not seeing at the moment is sensible balanced debate on such matters
    People can't even get their tattoos right. It's supposed to be "permanent", but lot of people regret and end up needing to cover it up. The result is a big blob of mess. I giggle when I see people with an entire arm blackened out. How many times did they regret? LOL

Wrong! No one is forced to get vaccination...You just have to accept the consequences of not choosing it.
    "You have to accept the consequences" - This is disingenuous. Considering that social and commercial movements, along with educational opportunities, employment opportunities, and the ability/need to travel abroad are effectively curtailed without being (double/triple) vaccinated, people are indeed being forced to do so. Arguments otherwise are being needlessly liberal with the semantics.

But you know this.
    rs4 likes this.

Incorrect, they attempt to force people, and they don't even force people evenly - they do so with political bias, which is the worst sort of illegitimate coercion.

Clearly the people with the weakest will are most at risk from this - It might not look like force because so many downtrodden put up zero resistance. It takes some backbone to resist this type of coercion and many people (especially in HK) simply don't have any.

In relation to the transgender issue, how do you explain jailing the Irish teacher if not force @DonDiego?
    rs4 likes this.

From kids going to toilet to vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    From kids going to toilet to vaccination.
    I always found it strange that a very religious country is so accepting when it comes to sex life. Vice Ganda is probably the most revered TV person for example.

In France it's a bit similar, whatever you do with your private life is up to you. I believe in the UK and US it stems down from the purinatism. Except the US took it and multiplied it by 1000.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast