Like Tree138Likes

Queen Elizabeth II: 1926-2022 RIP

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    The ones who impress me are the guards stood with their backs to the coffin with their heads bowed. Even when I was fit I don't think I could hold that pose for long.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The ones who impress me are the guards stood with their backs to the coffin with their heads bowed. Even when I was fit I don't think I could hold that pose for long.
    Not everyone can...

https://us.yahoo.com/news/watch-mome...022839547.html

Hope these scum are paying for all the pomp around this with their own billions and nothing is left to the tax payer.

No need to crucify me. I'm anti monarchy and have always been.

FrancisX likes this.

Yahoo News: Queen Elizabeth II: Hong Kong's grief sends message to Beijing.
    https://news.yahoo.com/queen-elizabe...231034267.html

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Hope these scum are paying for all the pomp around this with their own billions and nothing is left to the tax payer.

No need to crucify me. I'm anti monarchy and have always been.
    I bet they wish they were paying for it and selling the TV rights to make a lot of money from an old ladies death. Unfortunately the state has taken the opportunity to cash in away from them instead using as some global soft power tool.
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bsh:
    I was touched to see the Imperial State Crown openly displayed on top and I guess there were enough guards surrounding Her and I suspect plenty of uniformed and plain clothed police on patrol to prevent any scumbag opportunitist tea leaf.
    Imagine the viewing figures if one tried......would be the most watched dumbest criminal video ever.

There is a UN General Assembly next week in New York with 152 heads of state attending. Not sure how this will increase or reduce their attendance at the funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    There is a UN General Assembly next week in New York with 152 heads of state attending. Not sure how this will increase or reduce their attendance at the funeral.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62890879

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    So I assume those that can will double up on both events, depending on when they are due to speak at the UN.

Hey, what about the ultimate King, the King of Thailand? IMO, he would be an utter fool to expose himself to the outer world, and ride a bus with commoners? Absurd.

If he went where 'free speech' and signboards for all the world to read (he is unable to control the exThai press) are permitted, then he would be truly roasted as an evil, immoral, and unaccountable sexual reprobate.

Although with both his wife and various attractive and young consorts along to serve him, perhaps a shopping visit to London may suit.