Like Tree138Likes

Queen Elizabeth II: 1926-2022 RIP

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14

I thought the funeral was wonderful. Good coverage on CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I thought the funeral was wonderful. Good coverage on CNN.
    Yes, I watched BBC (on YouTube) just the service, no commentary, which is how I like it.

I am watching the final procession in Windsor now (I cannot imagine how exhausted everyone is, this has been...very long).
    East_coast and Paxbritannia like this.

As always, the pomp and ceremony is very impressive. A reminder of the benefits of maintaining some traditions.

Sage, MABinPengChau and Rob2020 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    As always, the pomp and ceremony is very impressive. A reminder of the benefits of maintaining some traditions.
    Very well done, it's just that 11 days or so is...long. I guess it was needed to squeeze in all the events and to give enough time for those who wanted to queue but, as I said earlier, a bit exhausting (especially for Charles- Scotland to London, back to Scotland, back to London, up to Northern Ireland, back to London...it was quite a lot. Trial by fire, I guess, for a new king).

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    How traditional do you think all this funeral ceremony is?

Would you be surprised to learn to is just over 100 years old?

Personally, I quite like a fancy dress day, although it could have done without all the God/Christianity stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Very well done, it's just that 11 days or so is...long. I guess it was needed to squeeze in all the events and to give enough time for those who wanted to queue but, as I said earlier, a bit exhausting (especially for Charles- Scotland to London, back to Scotland, back to London, up to Northern Ireland, back to London...it was quite a lot. Trial by fire, I guess, for a new king).
    Those dudes guarding the coffin all week are exhausted too

Name:  guards.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  120.5 KB

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14