Like Tree138Likes

Queen Elizabeth II: 1926-2022 RIP

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mcdavid:
    At least? You say that like it would be premature. She's nearly a freakin' hundred.
    I think for anybody that reaches their 90's, each and every morning that one opens their eyes and breathes on their own was a gift. Always remember, rich or poor, one cannot cheat death. The main thing is the Queen passed away with dignity with her boots on like the tough old bird she was.

The significance and dynamic change this will have on the future relavence of the monarchy will be interesting to see how it all unfolds from now on.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61585886
    Cheeky Kiwi and chingleutsch like this.

Amazing to think of the reign she's had. She practically was Queen over all of modern history. She's sworn in Churchill (his second stint, but still)

shri, Sage, Insomnia and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:

I am the same age as Prince Edward, 58, also the youngest of 4,.
    Hopefully the similarity ends there - though I'm sure we all would have preferred a princess MAB over Edward.
    MABinPengChau and hullexile like this.

Republican here but the utmost respect to somebody devoted their life to service. Rest in peace, you will be muchly missed.

The Queen meets all the US presidents (except Johnson, she sent Margaret for that...):

https://us.yahoo.com/news/queen-eliz...204719530.html

hin23leung likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    Hopefully the similarity ends there - though I'm sure we all would have preferred a princess MAB over Edward.
    My mother is "only" 87 so if she makes it to 96, I will be extremely happy...and if she lives such a healthy life as the Queen, will be extremely grateful...

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Amazing to think of the reign she's had. She practically was Queen over all of modern history. She's sworn in Churchill (his second stint, but still)
    There was a 100 years between the birth of the first prime minister she swore in to the last one.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

I'm a product of colonial HK and the UK public school system - I'm going to miss her.

The past few years really have been $hitty, haven't they? And with climate change, Ukraine, Covid, there's no end in sight. :-(

Cheeky Kiwi and HK_Katherine like this.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast