Like Tree9Likes

Black armbands

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black armbands

Where can we buy these in HK?

Any fabric shop sells ribbons in different materials, colors and width. Just fix it with safety pin.

MABinPengChau and spode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellenna:
    Any fabric shop sells ribbons in different materials, colors and width. Just fix it with safety pin.
    Never had to buy fabric before. Where can we do this in HK?

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Never had to buy fabric before. Where can we do this in HK?
    All over Sham Shui Po, most of Tai Nan and adjacent Streets right up to the police station were the little fabric village is.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Where can we buy these in HK?
    At the nearest funeral parlour?
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Yes, the sewing shops in Sham Shui Po can whip up something for you on the spot (bring a pic for best communication).

Warning- black armband = support for evil foreign governments = sedition in today's Hong Kong. Wonder if Xi or a designated representative attends the funeral?

Name:  blackarmband.PNG
Views: 465
Size:  299.0 KB

So basically go to Tainan Street in SSP with a photo like this and ask them to make one. What's the correct Cantonese term? I found 臂紗 on an app but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Yes, the sewing shops in Sham Shui Po can whip up something for you on the spot (bring a pic for best communication).

Warning- black armband = support for evil foreign governments = sedition in today's Hong Kong. Wonder if Xi or a designated representative attends the funeral?
    this might sound ridiculous but i thought exactly the same. i don't think the risk is worth it frankly
    shri, MABinPengChau and aw451 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    this might sound ridiculous but i thought exactly the same. i don't think the risk is worth it frankly
    Depending upon how stereotypically British you appear (read-white) and, especially, older, probably can get away with it. Chinese people, brown people, not so much...

Rather then schlepping all the way to the dark side in SSP, you can simply go to Pottinger street in Central and buy some black ribbon.

Depends where you're starting of course.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast