Like Tree15Likes

October 2022 - Global Covid News & Issues

Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Taiwan and sometimes HK
    Posts
    5,664

    Checking in, huge queue for flight to Tokyo. My white face was noticed and I was given a tiny slip of paper to record my contact information for the US Centers for Disease Control. Yes, other countries may use sophisticated technology, like the Internet, to track covid /epidemiology, US has some pieces of paper that I am not even sure will make it to the CDC.

    Andy SNK, Mrs. Jones and emx like this.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Checking in, huge queue for flight to Tokyo. My white face was noticed and I was given a tiny slip of paper to record my contact information for the US Centers for Disease Control. Yes, other countries may use sophisticated technology, like the Internet, to track covid /epidemiology, US has some pieces of paper that I am not even sure will make it to the CDC.
    They may need to fax it
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 254
Size:  19.1 KB
    MABinPengChau and shri like this.

  3. #13

  4. #14

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,137
    Looks like a good model for HK's next step... seems like lots of RATs to submit, but no PCRs. Will still keep away most westerners who just don't want to engage with anything covid related, but I guess the committed ones and various Asian tourists will probably be persuadable.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Looks like a good model for HK's next step... seems like lots of RATs to submit, but no PCRs. Will still keep away most westerners who just don't want to engage with anything covid related, but I guess the committed ones and various Asian tourists will probably be persuadable.
    The four leading countries for inbound tourists into Taiwan in 2019 were (in this order): China, Japan, HK and South Korea.

    I doubt tourists from Japan, HK and SK would be deterred by a simple RAT test.

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-of-residence/
    GentleGeorge likes this.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    猴山
    Posts
    22,690

    HK scientists lead the world in finding long Covid patients

    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-suffered-long


  8. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    HK scientists lead the world in finding long Covid patients

    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-suffered-long
    lol - this is going to be the new excuse for stupid. Tiger moms: GO!

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,617
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    More than 2 million Hongkongers may have experienced symptoms of long Covid, according to an ongoing study, with 70 per cent of interviewees reporting conditions such as depression, poor memory and hair loss.
    Pretty sure that those symptoms are caused by the protracted and stress-inducing local response to Covid, rather than the viral disease.
    Mrs. Jones and natino like this.

  10. #20

Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast