Like Tree15Likes

October 2022 - Global Covid News & Issues

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Checking in, huge queue for flight to Tokyo. My white face was noticed and I was given a tiny slip of paper to record my contact information for the US Centers for Disease Control. Yes, other countries may use sophisticated technology, like the Internet, to track covid /epidemiology, US has some pieces of paper that I am not even sure will make it to the CDC.

Andy SNK, Mrs. Jones and emx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Checking in, huge queue for flight to Tokyo. My white face was noticed and I was given a tiny slip of paper to record my contact information for the US Centers for Disease Control. Yes, other countries may use sophisticated technology, like the Internet, to track covid /epidemiology, US has some pieces of paper that I am not even sure will make it to the CDC.
    They may need to fax it
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 254
Size:  19.1 KB
    MABinPengChau and shri like this.

Looks like a good model for HK's next step... seems like lots of RATs to submit, but no PCRs. Will still keep away most westerners who just don't want to engage with anything covid related, but I guess the committed ones and various Asian tourists will probably be persuadable.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Looks like a good model for HK's next step... seems like lots of RATs to submit, but no PCRs. Will still keep away most westerners who just don't want to engage with anything covid related, but I guess the committed ones and various Asian tourists will probably be persuadable.
    The four leading countries for inbound tourists into Taiwan in 2019 were (in this order): China, Japan, HK and South Korea.

I doubt tourists from Japan, HK and SK would be deterred by a simple RAT test.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-of-residence/
    GentleGeorge likes this.

HK scientists lead the world in finding long Covid patients

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-suffered-long

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    HK scientists lead the world in finding long Covid patients

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...-suffered-long
    lol - this is going to be the new excuse for stupid. Tiger moms: GO!

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    More than 2 million Hongkongers may have experienced symptoms of long Covid, according to an ongoing study, with 70 per cent of interviewees reporting conditions such as depression, poor memory and hair loss.
    Pretty sure that those symptoms are caused by the protracted and stress-inducing local response to Covid, rather than the viral disease.
    Mrs. Jones and natino like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast