Like Tree60Likes

Staff of Chinese consulate in Manchester destroys Hong Kong protest signs and drags protesters into consulate to beat them up

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    You ever visit a free country? No problem protesting peacefully. Sometimes a license will be required if it's an official rally (which will be issued, even to disgusting groups like Neo Nazis). Free speech.
    Common misperception of someone who knows little about “ free countries “

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    I'm not sure that a surgical mask really does the trick for that though.
    Then I guess they don't want to get infected by people who have taken patriotic vaccines? Who knows ... isnt a rather irrelevant tangent to focus on. Unless you missed the required ...

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Thats so cool .. lets play my country's freedom is bigger than yours, without any context... ----> <---

Hindsight...I just noticed the main consulate guy wearing mask too. Protestor should have just taken off his mask and sneezed on the "unidentified men".

qhank and Crankshaft like this.

True. I'm a Chinese bot.

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    Why was the protester wearing a mask?
    For the same reason that all protestors wore them in HK, and for the same reason that the government started to enact legislation to ban the wearing of masks outdoors. Even two years into Covid, last I read was that this legislation was still being pushed (albeit slowly) through an approval process.

Or was that one of them retorikal questions?
    shri likes this.

Certainly how it worked in the UK. Only once did I know a protest not get a permit.
    Mrs. Jones and MatthieuTofu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sarsi:
    Do the UK, HK, other politicians really expect any investigation to give a satisfactory result...I actually think they do ;_; the response will be the same already given...

You can't deal with China and get any real results using this politician shit. You'll just be wasting your own time...
    I told you...here comes the diff version..and UK will now end up wasting its time on another few weeks and several articles insisting on what is the right way as required in UK ☹️

https://hongkongfp.com/2022/10/18/pr...-beijing-says/

What a load of rubbish, grabbing and forcefully pulling someone into the grounds and they said someone entered illegally so they had to take necessary measures WTF

China's foreign ministry has defended an incident which saw a Hong Kong protester pulled into Chinese consulate grounds in the British city of Manchester and beaten up.

A spokesman said people had "illegally entered" the grounds and any country's diplomats would have taken "necessary measures" to protect their premises.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-63296107

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast