Like Tree60Likes

Staff of Chinese consulate in Manchester destroys Hong Kong protest signs and drags protesters into consulate to beat them up

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by james_hklocal:
    Any damage done during protest is at the expense of the locals.
    You raise a great point here because literally any damage done by CCP to HK over the past 3+ years was at the expense of locals, which can be factually measured in the overwhelming pro-dem majority of the Nov 2019 elections, the extraordinary amount of locals choosing to leave, as well in the unprecedented economic damage this has brought which is uncomparable to a few roadside damages cause by police confrontations. It's amazing that for someone that seems to concern himself about damage you seem to ignore the overwhelming amounts done by the non-local side.
    ReleaseZeKraken likes this.

I don't really care about damage cost or economy, all my responses about these were responding to such queries directed to me.

Also quoting my previous responses below, saying there's no point in comparing costs and that it's not about the amount, for easy reference.

Any damage done during protest is at the expense of the locals. I hope there is no damage, so there is no point in comparing them.
    1. Property damage - protestors don't have the right to damage others' property, whether private or public. It is not about the amount. Also, the damages they costed elsewhere, whether it is $100 or $100 billions, are not relevant to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    You raise a great point here because literally any damage done by CCP to HK over the past 3+ years was at the expense of locals, which can be factually measured in the overwhelming pro-dem majority of the Nov 2019 elections, the extraordinary amount of locals choosing to leave, as well in the unprecedented economic damage this has brought which is uncomparable to a few roadside damages cause by police confrontations. It's amazing that for someone that seems to concern himself about damage you seem to ignore the overwhelming amounts done by the non-local side.
    Last edited by james_hklocal; 28-10-2022 at 07:59 PM.

My #57 is a response to #55.
    So you think the government consulate officials were wrong?

It is more than wrong - the staff involved are a shame, not qualified for diplomatic duties. They should face appropriate displinary action and legal consequence.

Also, many staff were involved, meaning there's a system failure. There should be a guideline, procedure or policy for dealing with protests outside consulate, hence relevant training to staff.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    So you think the government consulate officials were wrong?
    East_coast likes this.

Consul-General Zheng Xiyuan said his staff, including himself, had been defending themselves after protesters had stormed the grounds in an unprovoked attack.

Greater Manchester Police said they had been gathering evidence from mobile phone footage and witnesses to establish the full circumstances of what had happened.

There have been no arrests so far, but they had "identified a number of offences including assaults and public order offences".
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/6/197368/

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9