Like Tree64Likes

Oct 22 - "The next UK PM will be?"

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    I've no idea on actual figures but there was a petition to limit Tony Blair's to £2 million. So possibly 12 million a year? I know, probably small change to an expat of your standing but as he saying goes 'every penny counts'

Original Post Deleted
    Seven

Original Post Deleted
    I should clarify I'm not defending the view or calling into question anyone's nationality or connection with home, but just observing that there is increasing resentment towards “global elites” and it is going to be pretty tough for Rishi to implement tough cuts and say we are all in it together.

Equally absurd that Boris can do that, but he's got a reality distortion field and Rishi doesn't.

Anyway I'd love to be proved wrong. Vote Rishi!
    TheBrit likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I was a normal interview highlighting the deranged and dangerous view held by minority groups in the conservative party and elsewhere.

The only odd part of the interview was to suggest using the term globalist to British politicians from the more globally liberal end of the party was likely to cause offence. Luckily in the UK a persons religion in politics is often unknown both in terms of what religion and how devout they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    They do get an 'expenses allowence' up to £115k per year but also security protection which I wouldn't see as 'insignificant' especially when you add up the number of ex PM's still alive.
    I didn't mean insignificant for the country.
    Insignificant as a perk for one to consider fighting to become a PM.

Apparently, all the smart money is going on Sam Allardyce being nominated as the new PM.

East_coast likes this.

Johnson says he will not run in Tory leadership race
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-63327087
    shri likes this.

It looks like the vote will go to one of the own rather than than daughter of a family where the sole surviving parent worked as a youth worker.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    It looks like the vote will go to one of the own rather than than daughter of a family where the sole surviving parent worked as a youth worker.
    Why would that make her the better candidate? She's a Tory. Her background won't change that. Didn't Truss go to a comprehensive? That turned out well.
    East_coast likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast