Rishi Sunak - New UK PM

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    I believe she was anti illegal immigration rather than anti immigration

More immigration was a Truss policy
    Paxbritannia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    She was not born in India nor her parents.
    So? She qualifies for an OCI card - goes back all the way to great-grandparents.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 2.42.53 PM.png
Views: 121
Size:  8.7 KB

Her premature ministerial-obit has a fair bit in its summary...

It was not Braverman’s first unexpected intervention. At Conservative party conference, she revived calls for the government to aim for net migration of “tens of thousands” – a goal which remained out of reach for nine years under the governments of David Cameron and Boris Johnson.
    In an interview with the Spectator, Braverman expressed “reservations” about the multibillion-pound trade deal with the Indian government because she was concerned about making it easier for Indians to work and study in the UK. No 10 rowed back from her claim.
    At Conservative party conference, Braverman told delegates it was her “dream” and “obsession” that one day she would as home secretary see a flight take off to Rwanda carrying people seeking refuge in the UK.
    Unfortunately ... as The Guardian puts it .. this might all be CV building to become the next PM. May be in early 2023? When the Brits go .. we tried a woman, we tried an Indian as PM ... now lets try an Indian woman.

“Not only have we broken key pledges that were promised to our voters, but I have had serious concerns about this government’s commitment to honouring manifesto commitments, such as reducing overall migration numbers and stopping illegal migration, particularly the dangerous small boats crossings,” she wrote.

Those criticisms, contained in her last act as the 43-day home secretary, may well form the basis of another Braverman leadership bid in the near future.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...an-home-office
    Last edited by shri; 26-10-2022 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    So? She qualifies for an OCI card - goes back all the way to great-grandparents.
    If she gives up her current nationality to become Indian that would be an issue. I am sure many many British people have unclaimed rights in other countries. Mr Johnson could claim a Turkish Passport and Ian Duncan Smith Japanese using the same criteria.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 2.42.53 PM.png
Views: 121
Size:  8.7 KB

Her premature ministerial-obit has a fair bit in its summary...

Unfortunately ... as The Guardian puts it .. this might all be CV building to become the next PM. May be in early 2023? When the Brits go .. we tried a woman, we tried an Indian as PM ... now lets try an Indian woman.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...an-home-office
    That sounds like casual / lazy racism. The front benches of the conservative party have been multi-ethnic for sometime. The issue is her politics not her ethnicity. It really is just probability
    Last edited by East_coast; 26-10-2022 at 03:39 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    I would hope it was an appeasement task for the socially right wing factions in the party and as soon as he can he should drop her.
    TheBrit likes this.

There is nothing casual or lazy when I label some people as disgraceful.

I am going to be lazy and casually walk out of this thread... have said what I needed to and wanted to.

Last edited by shri; 26-10-2022 at 03:50 PM.

There is nothing casual or lazy when I label some people as disgraceful.

I believe you were quoting the Guardian

I couldn’t give two shits whether he is first, second, third or thirtieth generation. I couldn’t give two shits whether he is purple, blue, pink, black, white or green. I’ve actually read a bit more into his background and it provides more comfort than I expected about his qualifications for the role. Too much sensationalism and not enough facts (as usual) and I’ve been just as guilty of not deep diving.

I don’t think it will save the Tories but I do think it will be good for the running of the country and the economy at least until the election.

ndt and chuckster007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    I couldn’t give two shits whether he is first, second, third or thirtieth generation. I couldn’t give two shits whether he is purple, blue, pink, black, white or green. I’ve actually read a bit more into his background and it provides more comfort than I expected about his qualifications for the role. Too much sensationalism and not enough facts (as usual) and I’ve been just as guilty of not deep diving.

I don’t think it will save the Tories but I do think it will be good for the running of the country and the economy at least until the election.
    Not blatantly lying and thinking it doesn't matter would be a good start and an improvement.
    ByeByeEngland likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Not blatantly lying and thinking it doesn't matter would be a good start and an improvement.
    That's the end of politics...
    ByeByeEngland likes this.

Rishi Sunak is on Sky News Live .. PMQ

East_coast likes this.